Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m growing desperately impatient waiting for mine and the delivery date has slipped to late December. It will be a comfort to know when someone in North America actually receives one. Please chime in!

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you check the Jaguar website for inventory there are about 17 22s showing. Mostly on the east coast though a couple pacific nw showed up this week. Most seem to be in transit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m in the UK with a 22MY on order, the build is for October. Had a call from the dealer yesterday to say Head Up Display is no longer being fitted to any new Jaguar.

Whilst not entirely happy, it’s just the way it is. Did anyone else get a call with this information?

·
Registered
9 Posts
That sounds bizarre. Did he say if it was semiconductors shortage related?
All Jaguar models too?
HUD is a great feature and in my view a must have feature.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
358 Posts
That alone would make me cancel the order. I just refuse to have another car that doesn't have a HUD.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,303 Posts
I’m in the UK with a 22MY on order, the build is for October. Had a call from the dealer yesterday to say Head Up Display is no longer being fitted to any new Jaguar.

Whilst not entirely happy, it’s just the way it is. Did anyone else get a call with this information?
I was at a local JLR dealer last week. The salesperson mentioned he could not order any Jaguar or Land Rover with HUD. I said that would be a deal breaker for me. Once you have it, you'll most likely always want it in all future transportation products.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
724 Posts
That is dreadful and makes no sense, but must be global shortage issue.
And thus, makes sense.

The question is really - should you buy a vehicle you really don't want in order to get HUD, or do you wait patiently for a major global issue to resolve.

I am a firm proponent of HUD, but would rather be patient and buy what I want when it is available.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I checked the Canadian build site and the only choice is the HSE which comes standard with the HUD. Interestingly, although they indicated in that article the price would be lower, I configured a 2022 HSE with the same features that the 2019 First Edition came with and it is coming out at $10,000 more expensive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I checked the Canadian build site and the only choice is the HSE which comes standard with the HUD. Interestingly, although they indicated in that article the price would be lower, I configured a 2022 HSE with the same features that the 2019 First Edition came with and it is coming out at $10,000 more expensive.
Prices were lowered significantly for the USA market, but no such change for Canada, so prices are about 13% higher in Canada after adjusting for the difference in the dollars. A year ago they were a bit lower after adjusting for the dollar (and the exchange rate is more favourable to Canadians now than it was last year).

Notwithstanding what you see on the Canadian configuator, judging from the previous comments I'm guessing that Canada will not see HUD on a car ordered today. With so few cars sold in Canada I don't think that Jaguar is very attentive to this market or the Canadian configurator.

That First Edition came with a lot of options which I would not want. In fact, when I configure the MY22 with all of the options that I want it is a bit less costly than a First Edition. But the absence of HUD will be a deal-breaker for me.

·
Registered
430 Posts
To be honnest, this HUB has been designed for an ICE car, not an EV. I don't find the useful info I usually look at when I drive (instant consumption, average consumption, estimated range, distance, etc). I need those info to validate if I can get to the next point on long distance. I am back from a 5000km road trip and I barely noticed the HUD....

·
Registered
55 Posts
The online pictures from dealers that are showing their 22s on the floor all show a shroud for the hud. Window sticker pics are blurry but it looks tobe listed as std convenience features. Not listed as a pay option.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts