Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Agree, and speaking of things that can be added easily...why can we not get Singer/Band and Song name for SiriusXM? Every car I have had since 2005 with satellite radio, the song name and singer has been displayed. Past Range Rovers I have had (5 of them) displayed both, why not now on Jag?
Mine does display all the info for Sirius. Are you tapping the right screen?
Bill

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
671 Posts
@Dennis C and @gbillcb ...if I tap on the actual Radio screen, then I get all info in the main display (large screen), but I use the center screen on my dash instruments for radio (I have the middle set for radio). It only shows some info there. It is a peeve, as our other cars show song name, band and station when using the instruments for radio.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
84 Posts
@Dennis C and @gbillcb ...if I tap on the actual Radio screen, then I get all info in the main display (large screen), but I use the center screen on my dash instruments for radio (I have the middle set for radio). It only shows some info there. It is a peeve, as our other cars show song name, band and station when using the instruments for radio.
I‘ll check this the next time I’m in the car. We use the left side of the screen in the instrument cluster for radio information. I know it shows a picture of the artist and/or album art. I don‘t recall what other information it shows.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I‘ll check this the next time I’m in the car. We use the left side of the screen in the instrument cluster for radio information. I know it shows a picture of the artist and/or album art. I don‘t recall what other information it shows.
@Dennis C If you use the instrument cluster for radio information (like I do)...it will show album art (if available from the station), the song name and the Radio station. No artist info provided.

Very strange it does not give artist info, as most other cars do, even much less $ cars.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
84 Posts
I just drove the Jaguar, and I see what you're talking about. Mine shows album art, the station number, the station name, and the track name. No artist information is provided unless you go to the main media screen. I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. On another note, my car performed the first SOTA update on the Touch Pro system today. That was pretty cool!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
@Dennis C SOTA, when it works is very cool! It feels so high tech and "The Jetsons" to me :)

It is very strange that JLR decided to omit artist information. You would think since 14.2 to now 19.2 Telematics and now with S20B1 Infotainment, they would have added this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Agree, and speaking of things that can be added easily...why can we not get Singer/Band and Song name for SiriusXM? Every car I have had since 2005 with satellite radio, the song name and singer has been displayed. Past Range Rovers I have had (5 of them) displayed both, why not now on Jag?
Mine displays that data. Did you try different stations?

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Mine displays that data. Did you try different stations?
If I use the main display screen and tap on Media....yes, it will show Station, Song name and Artist info.

If you are using the instrument cluster for Media....not all info is displayed. Confirmed by other users. Strange on JLR's part.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am super stumped why both my 2019 and now 2020 I-Pace fans run LOUD and always run, and then some of you say that yours never run, even with temps in the 80s to 100F. This makes no sense. I would say something was wrong with my '19, but my 2020 does the same thing and 2 Jaguar dealers told me the fans are super loud and run a lot.

I can't figure this one out. All our I-Paces should behave the same when it comes to fans.
Do you hear the fans in the car? Or only if you roll down the windows to listen? If I turn on pre-conditioning in hot weather, I can hear the fans when I'm outside of the car. They aren't louder than ICE cars with fans that run after the car is turned off, but the fan is audible. I've never heard it while driving (but I do normally keep the windows rolled up).

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Do you hear the fans in the car? Or only if you roll down the windows to listen? If I turn on pre-conditioning in hot weather, I can hear the fans when I'm outside of the car. They aren't louder than ICE cars with fans that run after the car is turned off, but the fan is audible. I've never heard it while driving (but I do normally keep the windows rolled up).
On warm or hot days, I cannot hear the fan(s) whilst actually driving in motion, but at a Stop sign or traffic signal....OH YES, the fans can be heard. They are deafening when pulling into a garage (home or business). I cannot understand why JLR did this to an EV! Today it is only in the low 80s, and the fans came on full force when I started my car this afternoon.

Our Taycan....whisper quiet on Sunday with confirmed 121F. YES....121F.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
309 Posts
On warm or hot days, I cannot hear the fan(s) whilst actually driving in motion, but at a Stop sign or traffic signal....OH YES, the fans can be heard. They are deafening when pulling into a garage (home or business). I cannot understand why JLR did this to an EV! Today it is only in the low 80s, and the fans came on full force when I started my car this afternoon.

Our Taycan....whisper quiet on Sunday with confirmed 121F. YES....121F.
This is really strange and I have no idea why you are seeing that. I have yet to notice the fans running when I'm driving and rarely any other time. Very strange!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
447 Posts
Just an observation of the quirk that we know as the GoM:
Got home last night with AC running. Turned off car and plugged in. Charged to 100%. This morning after unplugging and starting the car the GoM read 258 miles. Curious as to the effect of the AC, I turned the AC off and the GoM immediately jumped up to 272miles. It was 79F this morning, so I immediately turned the AC back on and the GoM dropped to 265miles. GoM dropped mile for mile while I drove 15 miles this morning.
Whoever wrote the algorithm for the GoM needs a lesson on simplicity and consistency.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Just an observation of the quirk that we know as the GoM:
Got home last night with AC running. Turned off car and plugged in. Charged to 100%. This morning after unplugging and starting the car the GoM read 258 miles. Curious as to the effect of the AC, I turned the AC off and the GoM immediately jumped up to 272miles. It was 79F this morning, so I immediately turned the AC back on and the GoM dropped to 265miles. GoM dropped mile for mile while I drove 15 miles this morning.
Whoever wrote the algorithm for the GoM needs a lesson on simplicity and consistency.
That is crazy!!! I have seen kind of this wrong behaviour too. I have increased A/C usage by setting the temp lower during warm or hot weather and the G-o-M added "mileage" to the range. The algorithm writer needs some help, stat!!! ;)

81 - 98 of 98 Posts