Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
816 Posts
Their explanation for locking the cable is to prevent the cable being detached at a public location while you're not there and it is charging. Yanking a high voltage cable off the plug while charging is not good for the car's charging components.

How would you feel about plugging in to charge, walking away to a restaurant or shopping, thinking it will be charged when you get back, only to find that someone unplugged it and it didn't charge at all? Mad and frustrated if you needed that charge to leave and get to your next destination? It has no idea if you're in your garage or at a public location.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
84 Posts
I totally get it, and I think it's the only workable solution for public chargers. It's just a pain sometimes. I wish the car could recognize the home charger and make this easier. It's a very minor pet peeve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gary, thanks, but that didn’t work either. I don’t think these are RFID passes, but rather simple barcode stickers that are read from an overhead scanner at the car wash. There seems to be no place on the windshield (or roof for that matter) that work.
My Toll Pass Barcode sticker was required to be put on the headlight so you might try there

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
671 Posts
Another quirk or pet peeve that some of you might not have noticed...there is NO unlock door button on the passenger door :-O just on the driver door.

My son was waiting in the car while I ran in and picked up Chinese food. I told him to lock the door while I was gone. When I got back to the car....he (and I) realized there is no unlock door button on the passenger door.

WTF Jaguar?! ;) He had to climb onto the driver side to use the unlock button. SO wrong!

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Another quirk or pet peeve that some of you might not have noticed...there is NO unlock door button on the passenger door :-O just on the driver door.

My son was waiting in the car while I ran in and picked up Chinese food. I told him to lock the door while I was gone. When I got back to the car....he (and I) realized there is no unlock door button on the passenger door.

WTF Jaguar?! ;) He had to climb onto the driver side to use the unlock button. SO wrong!
Yeah, pulling that door handle right next to the button just a little bit (not even far enough to open the door) is sooooooo much harder than pressing a button.:rolleyes::)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Like Ayepace says. Pull the passenger door handle inside the car with the fob nearby outside the car and all doors unlock. I’m not sure what happens if the fob isn’t nearby.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Yeah, pulling that door handle right next to the button just a little bit (not even far enough to open the door) is sooooooo much harder than pressing a button.:rolleyes::)
@Ayepace ...I and he did not know pulling the door handle on the passenger door would unlock the doors, as I have NEVER had a car w/o an unlock button on the door.

Thank you for replying, but really no need to get snippy or sarcastic. I honestly did not know about the door handle!

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Just meant in humor.

I'd bet the majority of people (owners and passengers) have never tried it, or realized it happening when the door handle is pulled. The only time it won't work is if you double lock the car with the fob. I did take the time to test it before I posted. .

·
Registered
133 Posts
@Ayepace ...I and he did not know pulling the door handle on the passenger door would unlock the doors, as I have NEVER had a car w/o an unlock button on the door.

Thank you for replying, but really no need to get snippy or sarcastic. I honestly did not know about the door handle!
I did not know that either and find it annoying that I have to unlock from the driver's side.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I totally get it, and I think it's the only workable solution for public chargers. It's just a pain sometimes. I wish the car could recognize the home charger and make this easier. It's a very minor pet peeve.
But....this could be solved, with handling it how say BMW or Porsche does it. If you plug in to charge, and lock the car either with the fob or touching a door handle...the charge plug locks! No one can remove the charger.

When charging at home, say in the garage or your own driveway...you don't lock the car & then you can remove the charger whenever you want and no key fob needed. This is how our Taycan works and the i3, and 2 other BMW plug ins we had worked. Jag's locking the charger when the car is unlocked is stupid, IMO.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Speaking of oddities, I had a new one yesterday. The radio volume wouldn’t go beyond 7 regardless of the source. Cycling the radio’s power did nothing. Even turning off the car and locking the doors and reentering did nothing. It was only until several hours later, when I went back in the car, the audio returned to normal.

Such a strange kitty.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Speaking of oddities, I had a new one yesterday. The radio volume wouldn’t go beyond 7 regardless of the source. Cycling the radio’s power did nothing. Even turning off the car and locking the doors and reentering did nothing. It was only until several hours later, when I went back in the car, the audio returned to normal.

Such a strange kitty.

Such a strange kitty.
I have seen this behavior once before as well

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
I had a weird one on Sunday. Cabin climate would turn itself off after a couple of seconds; but the fan was still on, air was blowing. Seat cooling still worked. I was driving so couldn't reboot the car. What solved it was to use the knob to turn off the fan. After I did that, climate stayed on and worked normally.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I had a weird one on Sunday. Cabin climate would turn itself off after a couple of seconds; but the fan was still on, air was blowing. Seat cooling still worked. I was driving so couldn't reboot the car. What solved it was to use the knob to turn off the fan. After I did that, climate stayed on and worked normally.
Wow, that is a very strange one....and more than a "quirk", LOL. The radio volume not going past 7 is super weird too. Oh JLR!!! ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
But....this could be solved, with handling it how say BMW or Porsche does it. If you plug in to charge, and lock the car either with the fob or touching a door handle...the charge plug locks! No one can remove the charger.
In my 6 years old Leaf, I have a dedicated button for that. You decided the behavior you want : lock or keep unlock. So simple. It could easily be added as an option on the touchscreen.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
In my 6 years old Leaf, I have a dedicated button for that. You decided the behavior you want : lock or keep unlock. So simple. It could easily be added as an option on the touchscreen.
Agree, and speaking of things that can be added easily...why can we not get Singer/Band and Song name for SiriusXM? Every car I have had since 2005 with satellite radio, the song name and singer has been displayed. Past Range Rovers I have had (5 of them) displayed both, why not now on Jag?

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
New "quirk" found today :) For those of us who have 4 zone climate control....the round knurled dials are the same for front and rear temp/fans/seat heating/cooling, but the numerical digits, the font/style does not match.

Rear climate...the temp is written with dashes, like JLR did years ago, whereas the front climate digits are the current & modern smooth, continuously written (not dashed) numbers.

WHY would they ever do this? Major quirk, and not in the endearing way ;)

61 - 80 of 98 Posts