Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought a good thread would start documenting the funny quirks and strange oddities in the operation of our I Paces, especially the ones that drive you crazy. I’ll go first.

Have you noticed that sometimes the car turns-off when you open the door and sometimes it doesn’t? Well I’ve isolated the situation down to the seatbelt; if you start the car and engage your seatbelt, opening the door will turn-off the car, but if you do not engage the seatbelt, well you get it.

This particularly bothers me when I get home and the Homelink button refuses to open the garage door (despite the car’s front bumper being a foot away from said door). I disengage the seatbelt, open the door to use the keypad to open the garage door, and guess what happens?

Which brings me to my second pet peeve; I can close my garage door using the Homelink button, but it sure would be nice to use it to open the garage door.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
670 Posts
The car turning off when you open the door annoys the h*ll out of me, but it was the same in our plug in X5 40e and 740e, but you could open the door with the engine running in the gas only versions of the X5 and 7. My i3 would also turn off, if you opened the driver door. Our new Taycan stays on, if you open the driver door. Quirks!

Even if the car is in P or N, you cannot open the frunk. This annoys me. If you want someone to put something in the frunk, you have to turn the car off, before the frunk will pop open.

99% of the time, when I put my I-Pace in Reverse, the back up camera comes on. 1% of the time, just the graphic of the car outline, but no camera when in Reverse. Random, so random...but luckily rarely happens.

When using Remote Climate, sometimes it kicks my climate AUTO setting off when I get back in the car, and sometimes AUTO is still engaged. Random quirk.

The fans when it's hot. Everyone knows how much I loathe the fans. You can hear them over a diesel UPS truck. Not kidding :-O

Love my Kitty, but there are some quirks for sure!! Let's not discuss the In Control app, LOL ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
The car turning off when you open the door annoys the h*ll out of me
That's my biggest one!

Even if the car is in P or N, you cannot open the frunk. This annoys me. If you want someone to put something in the frunk, you have to turn the car off, before the frunk will pop open.
I don't use the frunk much but that seems totally annoying.

99% of the time, when I put my I-Pace in Reverse, the back up camera comes on. 1% of the time, just the graphic of the car outline, but no camera when in Reverse. Random, so random...but luckily rarely happens.
More like 5% of the time in my case. Maybe more. It annoys the f.ck out of me because the backup camera is such an essential feature. Seems nuts to me that the failure rate on that function is so high given its importance.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
More like 5% of the time in my case. Maybe more. It annoys the f.ck out of me because the backup camera is such an essential feature. Seems nuts to me that the failure rate on that function is so high given its importance.
Ok. 5%. I felt like being nice saying 1%, LOL ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Which brings me to my second pet peeve; I can close my garage door using the Homelink button, but it sure would be nice to use it to open the garage door.
So this is most likely an issue with your garage door control rather than your I-Pace. I have 3 garage doors, 2 in the 3 car attached garage on one in the detached garage. The system works flawlessly in the attached garage doors, but many times refuses to open the detached garage even though it always closes it. Some of those receivers just seem to be finicky.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
813 Posts
Another quirk for the garage door opener for me is that if I back into the driveway and garage, I can open the garage door sooner.

Last winter I experienced the quirk of front and rear cameras being turned off at sub water-freezing temperatures. The side cameras remained working. Both cameras worked while backing out of the warmer garage but would not work when I got to my destination. It is a bit annoying when you're used to using the rear camera while backing into a parking space. There have been 3 infotainment updates since so my experience in a few weeks may be different.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another quirk for the garage door opener for me is that if I back into the driveway and garage, I can open the garage door sooner.

Last winter I experienced the quirk of front and rear cameras being turned off at sub water-freezing temperatures. The side cameras remained working. Both cameras worked while backing out of the warmer garage but would not work when I got to my destination. It is a bit annoying when you're used to using the rear camera while backing into a parking space. There have been 3 infotainment updates since so my experience in a few weeks may be different.
Sorry, what are these sub water-freezing temperatures you speak of? Do you store your I-Pace in a freezer?

(Southern Alabama Gulf Coast humor....)

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
813 Posts
Sorry, what are these sub water-freezing temperatures you speak of? Do you store your I-Pace in a freezer?

(Southern Alabama Gulf Coast humor....)
Yes. It's brand name is Midwest USA made by Mother Nature.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I remember it well. I moved here from Chicago and before that Southwest Michigan complete with 96 inches a year of snowfall. Fun times far in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quirk/Oddity: Having to unlock my already unlocked car to be able to unplug when DC fast charging.
Pet peeve: Inability to schedule charging at home to take advantage of lower rates at night without scheduling a Vehicle Departure time. Also, not being able to set a charge limit.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Quirk/Oddity: Having to unlock my already unlocked car to be able to unplug when DC fast charging.
Pet peeve: Inability to schedule charging at home to take advantage of lower rates at night without scheduling a Vehicle Departure time. Also, not being able to set a charge limit.
We have had 4-5 plug in vehicles, and the I-Pace is the ONLY one that I have to go get the physical key fob and unlock the already unlocked car to remove the charging socket from the car that is parked UNLOCKED in my home garage. Why?!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Garage frequency is borrowed spectrum, years back in San Diego, the military started using the spectrum, totally caused issues with many openers that shared the same frequency and why it works only close and when the garage is open. I ended up putting in a repeater to overcome the issue. So it may not be the iPace.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We always lock ours when it is in the garage so we didn’t know about the locked plug on AC charging. That seems unnecessary.

We also have the garage door opening problem. Everything else (5 past/current cars and the remotes that came with opener) works 99.99% of the time from 30 feet away. We have a Jackscrew type opener so the antenna is almost touching the inside wall next to the garage door. That means it is about 10 feet closer to the street than traditional openers. Sometimes we need to be close enough to hear the proximity beeps from the car to get the door to open.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The seats still sensing a passenger I've dropped off and chiming away that they are not buckled in. Happened today dropping kids at pottery class. Only a couple times in the past.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have had 4-5 plug in vehicles, and the I-Pace is the ONLY one that I have to go get the physical key fob and unlock the already unlocked car to remove the charging socket from the car that is parked UNLOCKED in my home garage. Why?!
I was wondering the same thing. I thought I was doing wrong until I read your post. Yes, if the car is unlocked, why is the charger locked? It's pretty awkward in your garage to have to fumble for the FOB.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Still bugs me that the rear view mirror is flat on top and curved on the bottom.... while the rear window is the opposite.
It is like the mirror is upside down. Visibility is poor except maybe on the highway so not a big deal anyway.

Charging in general is a disaster. Every day is a SNAFU.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Still bugs me that the rear view mirror is flat on top and curved on the bottom.... while the rear window is the opposite.
It is like the mirror is upside down. Visibility is poor except maybe on the highway so not a big deal anyway.

Charging in general is a disaster. Every day is a SNAFU.
OMG @Time2Roll Da*n you. Now I cannot unsee the rear view mirror & rear window design/shape inconsistencies. I have never, ever noticed this. Thank you!!!!! ;) LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
“The seats still sensing a passenger I've dropped off and chiming away that they are not buckled in. Happened today dropping kids at pottery class. Only a couple times in the past.”
That sounds like a warranty claim to me.

Reactions: Deutsch100
1 - 20 of 98 Posts