Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed something odd with my seat heaters. When I turn them on, and select speed 1....I can hear the fans blowing the warm air. When I select speed 2 or 3...I cannot hear the fans, but I can feel warmth.

Is this normal? Seems to me that speed 1 should be quieter than speeds 2 & 3.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have noticed something odd with my seat heaters. When I turn them on, and select speed 1....I can hear the fans blowing the warm air. When I select speed 2 or 3...I cannot hear the fans, but I can feel warmth.

Is this normal? Seems to me that speed 1 should be quieter than speeds 2 & 3.

Funny, I too noticed it earlier today and was going to ask. I only heard it on the passenger seat though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lol...early on when we got our I Pace, the heated seats would turn on the cooling function. Problem disappeared after an update.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never thought of 1-3 as 'speeds,' but heat levels.

Maybe at 1, a fan distributes the lower heat, and that isn't needed at the higher heat?
I actually think of 1-3 as heat levels too (or used to), but since Jaguar and Land Rover use fans to actually push warmed and chilled air, opposed to just heated wires like most heated seats do...I think of 1-3 as fan speeds in the Jag.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like heat and fan together.
With Jag and Land Rover...the heat and fan are together. The way JLR does the heat and fan together is brilliant....warm, dry air!! Love it.

With their cooled seats, it is actually chilled air, not just a fan/ventilated like most other brands.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone run across technical details about how the seat heaters and coolers work in the JLR vehicles? I'm interested in that.
I do not know tech details, but when I had my last full size Range Rover a few years ago, the service dept. told me that most other brands use heating wires for seat warming and the seats are just ventilated, whereas JLR (Ford too) actually uses air conditioned air for the seat cooling.

They told me it utilizes the HVAC, but I am not sure the exact details. All I know is JLR heated and chilled seats are the best in the world!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I actually think of 1-3 as heat levels too (or used to), but since Jaguar and Land Rover use fans to actually push warmed and chilled air, opposed to just heated wires like most heated seats do...I think of 1-3 as fan speeds in the Jag.
I have only used the heated seats function a few times, and I never heard a fan noise at any level.

I do run the sound system all the time, though, so I'll try it with it off and see if I hear something then. I take your information to be correct.

Thanks for helping with my daily goal of learning at least one new thing a day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts