Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading recently of a few first-hand accounts where users were able to receive Telematics (TCU) updates via Over-The-Air, I reached out to a dealer contact to verify. At first he told me it wasn't possible, but after further inspection discovered that there is a newly instated option in Topix to push OTA TCU updates.

Here's some shots of my unit going from 16.2 to 18.2 today:

PXL_20200915_002640161.jpg

For those of you interested in obtaining the update, you'll have to talk to someone at a dealership (typically a service advisor), and they have to log in to JLR's Topix platform and toggle OTA updates for your vehicle. There is a picture of the respective Topix screen in post #27 on this thread. Simply clicking the "Check for update" button will not get you anywhere at this point.

It's about a 20 second process and very simple, though historically many dealerships seem to be unaware of the functionality.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
904 Posts

Here's to hoping that the car remembers my wi-fi password for more than a week at a time now 🍻
Won't happen. I've been on 18.2 since last year. It still has amnesia every 1 to 7 days. It seems random for duration of remembering.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would be curious to make the following test to see the car is able to remember the password.
When I set the Wifi password, the car sits in the driverway. When I drive, the car is obviously not able to reach the Wifi signal, so it is using the data plan on the SIM. When I came back home, the car use the Data plan on the SIM, and when I turn off the car, the car does not have the time to switch to the Wifi. Same when I take the car for a drive, it first pick the SIM, but maybe it is because it does not have the time to select the wifi. I will try to give a little bit more time to the car to select the wifi and see 1) if it switch from SIM to wifi, and 2) remember the password over a longer period of time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be curious to make the following test to see the car is able to remember the password.
When I set the Wifi password, the car sits in the driverway. When I drive, the car is obviously not able to reach the Wifi signal, so it is using the data plan on the SIM. When I came back home, the car use the Data plan on the SIM, and when I turn off the car, the car does not have the time to switch to the Wifi. Same when I take the car for a drive, it first pick the SIM, but maybe it is because it does not have the time to select the wifi. I will try to give a little bit more time to the car to select the wifi and see 1) if it switch from SIM to wifi, and 2) remember the password over a longer period of time.
Unfortunately I tried something similiar without luck, as I drove around without a SIM for over a week and still encountered the problem. And to be clear, the wifi password is actually forgotten. I'm not able to reconnect to the network without manually keying it in again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After reading recently of a few first-hand accounts where users were able to receive Telematics (TCU) updates via Over-The-Air, I reached out to a dealer contact to verify. At first he told me it wasn't possible, but after further inspection discovered that there is a newly instated option in Topix to push OTA TCU updates.

Here's some shots of my unit going from 16.2 to 18.2 today:
View attachment 4625

View attachment 4627

Here's to hoping that the car remembers my wi-fi password for more than a week at a time now 🍻
For those of you interested, you'll have to talk to someone at a dealership (typically a service advisor), and they have to log in to JLR's Topix platform and toggle OTA updates for your vehicle. It's about a 20 second process and very simple, though historically many dealerships seem to be unaware of the functionality.
Thanks for the post - will see if i can get my advisor to check on pushing to mine.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Won't happen. I've been on 18.2 since last year. It still has amnesia every 1 to 7 days. It seems random for duration of remembering.
YES!! Total WiFi password amnesia. I would like to know how this is even possible? My cell phones have never once "forgotten" our WiFi password.

I have had TCU 16.2, 18.2 and 19.2....TWO I-Paces, and the WiFi password can stay stored for days, even weeks sometimes (but rare) and everything in between. This is one of those I-Pace "quirks" I do not find "endearing" ;)

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
It won't matter. Mine connects to WIFI in driveway. I leave and when the signal fades it switches to data plan.
When I get back in range, it switches to WIFI unless amnesia moment has come while away.

It still forgets when the mystical moment of memory loss of the week arrives regardless of anything you try.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My car has never shown the TCU version so I don't know what version I'm on or if it was ever updated.
My question: what do the TCU updates do? Are there any improvements published by JLR or have people noticed any changes?

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Communications updates. Improvements to communications for SOTA and InControl services have been noted in the Jaguar docs.
If you don't have a version showing, then most likely you have 14.2. 16.2 showed it, but that was quickly updated to 18.2 and recently 19.2 has become available.

·
Registered
75 Posts
1. My car cannot remember the password/login for my home wifi network. Ever.....

2. Looked for OTA update from 15.2 to current version and got "no update available".

Have done several infotainment OTA updates over the last year

·
Registered
205 Posts
1. My car cannot remember the password/login for my home wifi network. Ever.....

2. Looked for OTA update from 15.2 to current version and got "no update available".
Ditto: my car cannot remember password either.
Have done several infotainment OTA updates over the last year

I looked for OTA also and I have 18.2 currently, but "no update available", eg. 19.2 at this time.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
FYI, speaking about WiFi passwords....my new 2020 with TCU 19.2 and Infotainment S20B1 has lost the WiFi password now THREE days in a row. Honestly, this is totally ridiculous in a premium European luxury car.

·
Registered
624 Posts
So what is minimum version of TCU to activate this SOTA update? A lot of us are stuck at 14.2 I'm guessing since we don't the version number in our screens.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Myself and at least one other person has updated over the air from 14.2. You need to call the dealer and give them a reason to send an update. For example, your car keeps forgetting your WiFi password. o_O

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
143 Posts
I’m surprised that a call to the dealer is required for this update. It should be pushed out to all I-Pace owners.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m surprised that a call to the dealer is required for this update. It should be pushed out to all I-Pace owners.
I suspect it will eventually move in that direction. This is new functionality for Jag, and they are likely to take it slow before they start proactively seeding this update.

·
Super Moderator
2,353 Posts
Plus 18.2 is apparently still buggy; maybe JLR follows the old playbook where they roll out something to a subset of customers to debug. Rolling bug fixes at the same time as further development. No version ever has no bugs, haha.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts