Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around a bit, and I can't find any verified information on how to sync a new set of TPMS sensors. I just mounted my winter wheels and tires, with a set of new 433 Mhz TPMS sensors. I saw some information on these boards about how to sync them so the car will recognize them, but it appears to have been information from an F-Pace. I would assume the procedure would be the same, but I haven't been able to make the car recognize the new sensors yet.

Do I need to have the new sensors programmed at the dealership? Or will my car eventually recognize them with a bit more driving?

Thanks for any help with this.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
There's a note in the i-guide about using the spare tire (without a sensor) requires driving for at least 10 minutes at speeds about 16 mph/25 km/h for the car to recognize the spare is fitted. Have you tried that?

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that yesterday. When I first drove the car, it showed data from the old sensors. Eventually it recognized that the old sensors were not present, but it has not yet recognized the new sensors. I’ll drive it a bit more over the weekend and see if that changes.

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
42 Posts
After I changed to 20" wheels and tires from my 22" wheels, it took several driving sessions before they corrected themselves and are now working just fine. Speaking of the 22" wheels they are available should someone want them for either an upgrade or just a spare set with mounted tires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
42 Posts
Simple explanation (although costly) is that I wanted high-mileage all season tires and this 22" wheel size has no recommended low-profile tire other than either a summer or winter one each with 10,000 mile tread life. I am not the type of driver who can appreciate the high-performance of the 22" wheels. Regarding comfort, by their very nature the profile of the 20" tire is taller and it width slightly narrower and it provides a more cushioned feel although it is hard for me to judge. I have stuck to the recommendations of Jaguar regarding tire size for each wheel.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke with my Jaguar dealership service tech today. He told me that the new sensors need to be programmed for the car to recognize them. I'm taking it in next week. He said that Jaguars are sensitive to aftermarket sensors, and they may not work. If not, I'll replace them with OE sensors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had to use OE sensors, never got the aftermarket sensors to work.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I visited my local dealer service department today, and the dealer was unable to successfully program my aftermarket TPMS sensors from tirerack.com. He was able to read them using a scanner, and he verified that they are the correct frequency for the I-Pace. He was able to clear the codes from my car, and begin the synchronization process, but the car never recognizes the new sensors. He tried it twice.

The dealer has ordered some Jaguar OE sensor for me, due for delivery next week. He mentioned that theres's a small chance that they car will recognize my sensors with a little bit more driving. If not, then I will have the OE sensors installed next week.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
They should be able to program in the sensor IDs manually. Did they try that?
Have you contacted tirerack to see if they have any advice based on other drivers?
Checked with a local tire shop for what they would do or if they've done one before?

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They tried it manually, to no avail.

I'll reach out to tire rack. Good advice.

·
Registered
2019 I-Pace FE Photon Red
54 Posts
They tried it manually, to no avail.

I'll reach out to tire rack. Good advice.
Let me know what Tire Rack says.
I also bought a set of TPMS sensors from them for my winter wheels that I recently acquired.
Haven't had the time to get them installed at the local tire shop yet.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Tire Rack representative reached out to my Jaguar dealer directly. They're working on it. I'll let you know what comes from that discussion.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update. The sensors from tirerack.com wouldn’t work, and I’ll be returning them. My dealer installed Jaguar OE sensors today, and they work perfectly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts