Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Non working tailgate

Closing loop on above scenario re non-functioning tailgate. I sent it back to the dealership and they have advised me (1) a fuse was installed incorrectly and (2) they had factory update to clean ground wires on tailgate !! I did not really understand the fuse comment as it had been working but regardless, may want to be aware of (2).
In fairness to Jaguar - very easy to send the car back and delivering it to me tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A few problems...

I picked up my car in mid-January and have ~275 miles on it. Three problems have occurred that seem like software problems - but I won't know that for sure until it is returned from the shop where it is now.

1. From Day 1, the screen above the steering wheel was not operable/changeable via the thumb wheel. It displayed one gauge in the middle, the nav system on the right, and a series of blinking error messages on the left that could not be cleared. The thumb wheel does control the volume on the radio well so I don't think that is the source of the problem.

2. Intermittent connection issues with the Remote App on my iPhone. Worked for a few days, stopped for about 10 days, began again spontaneously. In the interim I called Jaguar support and they checked the servers/etc. and said things looked OK there. They recommended asking the Dealer to look at it.

3. Most recent issue was the failure of my ChargePoint charger to get a satisfactory hand-shake with the car on two separate scheduled midnight-6AM charging sessions. It had worked twice before, Then stopped for these more recent ones. Chargepoint did their diagnostics and said everything was OK from their end, The car's battery manager was "not accepting" the charge.

Bottom line: I love the performance of the car - handling, acceleration, etc, as well as the high quality of the physical elements of the car. But I definitely feel like a beta-tester of a new piece of software. I'm old enough to remember the joke about the British drinking warm beer because of the poor quality of Lucas electronics. And to have experienced same on a Triumph TR-3 I had in the early 70s. For this car I was hoping that this was in the past... But now I am not so sure! Just hoping they get these bugs worked out!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I picked up my car in mid-January and have ~275 miles on it. Three problems have occurred that seem like software problems - but I won't know that for sure until it is returned from the shop where it is now.
1. From Day 1, the screen above the steering wheel was not operable/changeable via the thumb wheel. It displayed one gauge in the middle, the nav system on the right, and a series of blinking error messages on the left that could not be cleared. The thumb wheel does control the volume on the radio well so I don't think that is the source of the problem.
2. Intermittent connection issues with the Remote App on my iPhone. Worked for a few days, stopped for about 10 days, began again spontaneously. In the interim I called Jaguar support and they checked the servers/etc. and said things looked OK there. They recommended asking the Dealer to look at it.
3. Most recent issue was the failure of my ChargePoint charger to get a satisfactory hand-shake with the car on two separate scheduled midnight-6AM charging sessions. It had worked twice before, Then stopped for these more recent ones. Chargepoint did their diagnostics and said everything was OK from their end, The car's battery manager was "not accepting" the charge.
Bottom line: I love the performance of the car - handling, acceleration, etc, as well as the high quality of the physical elements of the car. But I definitely feel like a beta-tester of a new piece of software. I'm old enough to remember the joke about the British drinking warm beer because of the poor quality of Lucas electronics. And to have experienced same on a Triumph TR-3 I had in the early 70s. For this car I was hoping that this was in the past... But now I am not so sure! Just hoping they get these bugs worked out!
Just some tips that work for me. If your roller is broken, then they won't do much.

1) The roller switch pushes down to access configuration menus along with the L and R arrows next to it. A light touch is required to scroll volume or menu picks. Pushing down will select options, or close a warning message. I have mine pretty much ALL ON for the menu items. And my dash is, L to R: Drivers Assist window (tells you the Steering Assist status). Center is Speedo surrounded by time, temp, odo, and a multi-function field that is cycled by pushing the end button of the Left stalk, hold it down to zero a gauge. To the right is my NAV. My HUD shows speed, ACC mph setting/status, speed limit, NAV turn info when turn is coming up, and the Next Song on supported media. All of this was set in the Roller Menu selections.

2) I have connection delays, but I also have terrible cell reception at home. It takes longer to refresh and set than I like.

3) Don't unlock your car after plugging in DCFC. It will stop the session. Poor handshaking with DCFC stations has been a curse for all brands at certain chargers.

I'd say 1/2 the 'bugs' we encounter at first, are either not understanding how a control really works (the manual is poor/wrong), or external forces. But JLR is responsible for a lot of them too.

I had to sit in my garage for 1 hr twice, playing with the roller commands, playing with the center display's 5 menu pages, the Climate Screen, and General Settings. First hour was shortly after purchase just to config the car the way I like. The next was after a couple months, I went through everything again to get a greater understanding of what the control settings actually did.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Closing loop on above scenario re non-functioning tailgate. I sent it back to the dealership and they have advised me (1) a fuse was installed incorrectly and (2) they had factory update to clean ground wires on tailgate !! I did not really understand the fuse comment as it had been working but regardless, may want to be aware of (2).
In fairness to Jaguar - very easy to send the car back and delivering it to me tomorrow.

@gordondd - was wondering about the outcome. Seems odd that the locks would work, but not the motor. Fuse listing under the load compartment just says fuse 17 is the Rear Tailgate module. The other doors have separate fuses per door. Hard to say if the locks are managed separately based upon the fuse description. Happy to hear you'll get the car back tomorrow after the warranty.

·
Registered
55 Posts
@gordondd - was wondering about the outcome. Seems odd that the locks would work, but not the motor. Fuse listing under the load compartment just says fuse 17 is the Rear Tailgate module. The other doors have separate fuses per door. Hard to say if the locks are managed separately based upon the fuse description. Happy to hear you'll get the car back tomorrow after the warranty.
Thanks - irony of the simple repair and trying to be a greener consumer - the I-Pace took a 2 hour 30-minute ride on the back of a flatbed truck, each way to fix the issue!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Car returned and working. Dealership paperwork indicates "SSM 74195" which they told me was an alert - "they cleaned grounds at the rear as no communication with tailgate". I only pass along as maybe worthwhile to have done if your vehicle in for service/repair on another item.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Almost a month later I got my car back after taking it in for a charging issue. (Wouldn’t Charge) The things they replaced are the following: TK10142 harness, C2Z31963 Latch-Bonnet, T4K10173 Charger- Battery. However there is a new issue. I keep getting a Unable to Connect 015 message on the infotainment system. Anybody ever receive this message?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I got 'radio not available' once. Weird, but I couldn't get any music at all. Stopped for gas - er, I mean coffee, restarted and then it worked fine. Then at one time my backup camera stayed on until I touched the panel (even though I was already driving away (forward). Those are really the only 2 software glitches (or problems at all) that I've had in 2 months and almost 2000 mi.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Reposting this just to get it to the top of the active topics again. Would be nice if people updated it with their experience. Would be especially good to hear from those who have had a (relatively) trouble free experience since handover as well as the usual kvetchers who post nothing but bad stuff
As for myself, after 3 and a half months and just under 3,000 miles, I have had nothing major and just minor software bugs and glitches: enough to be annoying but not disastrous. Other than these the car is a true beast to drive, as in amazing, and the best non sports sports car I have ever been behind the wheel of.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I don’t have much on mine yet. 2 weeks of driving and 1000 miles there have been no issues outside all the listed software glitches. I’m headed back and will have more stick time and will update.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
266 Posts
Had mine about 3 months, only 1200 miles (I've been traveling a lot), and so far no major issues. All the minor issues are software (not surprising). The most frequent is it will forget to display the nav map in the instrument cluster and to get it back I have to toggle between Full Map and something else (recovers it every time).

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm almost up to one month and 1,000 miles. So far, nearly completely trouble free. I've had black screens happen twice, both times were when I turned the car off for less than a minute, got out but didn't lock it, and then got back in and turned it back on. Correcting that was simple - just get out of the car and lock it with the key fob, walk out of range for a minute, unlock with the key fob and go. Other than that, the car has been trouble free and is a blast to drive. The driving position is super comfortable for me (sport seats) and the climate system has been flawless.

I believe the glitchiest software is the nav system. It can be very slow to boot up and I've had it blank out for awhile but it always comes back after a minute or two. That would be a problem if you were counting on it to get somewhere you had never been. I use the McRat slow boot start process which works very well, but it means waiting for the nav system to come up before driving off which takes a minute or so. For me, the media, phone integration and general feature programming including profiles has been quite good. I'm using a 128GB memory stick for my music library and it works great. I've done one map update so far, and it worked too. I've only charged at home so far, but have had no issues. I intend to try a public charger at some point, but haven't yet.

I'm getting a consistent 210 miles of range in mixed urban/freeway driving in the SF bay area. I average 75 or so on the freeways and use the accelerator more than I should (it's just too fun). I'm confident I could easily get 230-240 miles if I tried.

Loving this car and hope it remains trouble free!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Up to 3500 miles already. No major issues. Have updated the map software myself. Had the profile go away which I had to re-setup, so not sure why it ghosted on me, but saw others have posted the same. Don't drive a full battery worth, so GoM fluctuates between 170 and 210 depending on how it was driven. A lot is freeway driving, so this affects the range downward more. The real point is that this thing is still a blast to drive, it is meant to be driven so enjoy it and don't worry about the range cause charging it is cheaper than gas (at least for me since I charge overnight at super off peak rate).

·
Registered
253 Posts
How do you update the map software? My nav is telling me there's an update available. I went to https://www.jaguar.here.com/ and it's asking me to sign in my my InControl login doesnt work for it...is this a separate account I need to set up?
I believe they are two separate accounts. I set mine up awhile ago so I don't remember exactly how I setup.
Once you create your account and login, you'll see a hyperlink for Maps & Services. Go there then scroll down the page a bit to maps then click get latest version.
You'll need to download the file to a USB. This is then gets plugged into a USB port in the center console.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm getting close to two months with mine, but with many short trips, still very low miles < 500.

I've only had minor glitches with the software, and they all self-resolved quickly.

Two or three dark screens, which restored upon restarts. Two odd bluetooth connection problems, also. I usually use BT instead of Apple Play, and I am accustomed to the last song I was playing restarting on its own when the system comes up. One time, nothing happened, and selecting the phone/bt source got a 'bluetooth connection unavailable' message. I tried a few more times, and then just connected via the USB cord and got my music that way. It was fine the next time I tried.

One other time w/bt, it loaded up and showed the song on the player screen but would not play. The play button on the screen had no effect, and likewise with the play button tried on the phone. Apple Play worked then, also. Neither situation has recurred so far, and both had recovered upon the next restart. (I didn't try immediately restarting either time, which also might have worked I suppose.)

Other features like auto wipers and auto high beams settings work fine. I had spotty success on the tailgate kicking until I saw the video on it in the Jaguar training clips.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
A bit over 7600 miles and no issues that impact usability other than the infotainment quirks and even those are scarcely noticeable as I have gotten used to them. I drive it like any other car, I get in and go. I do not sit and wait for it to do it's thing with the 'slow boot' process and it works. It will be visiting the dealer for the first time next month as the weather has improved enough that I can make the trek in a reasonable amount of time - I am expecting no more than a 12 hour trip (7.5 in a normal car).

-Smart profile loads ~95% of the time
-Connects to wifi (my phone hotspot) on it's own ~1% of the time. If I manually connect (re-type the password), it will automatically reconnect as long as the car is not turned off for more than a few minutes. I can run into the gas station to get a Dr. Pepper or pick the kids up from school. However if it is parked for an extended period the chances of it reconnecting are slim.
-Jag Nav sat image has never fully loaded. It will partially load some sections of the map, but never much more than a blurred image
-Occasionally it will tell me my phone isn't connected, but CarPlay is working and I can make and receive phone calls
-A few days ago, after plugging in my phone it said I was in a call (dead-air playing on the radio, center display claimed the phone was in a call and the red hang-up button was illuminated on the steering wheel), even though the phone clearly wasn't. I would press the hang-up button and within 30 seconds it did it again. Unplugging the phone worked, until I plugged the phone in again. The next day it was still doing it, so I used the red button to 'hang-up' and then immediately made a call. When I hung-up from that call, everything was fine.
-A few weeks ago the car started making a rather loud, constant 'humming' from the front of the car at speeds over 55mph. It now doesn't show up until ~70mph
-I have the very noticeable brake pedal squawk others have mentioned.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts