Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have problems using fast charger from Efacec with my I-pace.
Error messege something like "problem with your car - charging stopped". Experiences 9 out of 10 times

Common:
Fast chargers looks like picture (user display/rfid reader on left side of the box)

Talked to my dealer without success
Anyone else experienced this?

(I-pace S, 2019, Sweden)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
There have been a lot of problems reported with these Efacec QC45. There are a couple of discussion threads in the UK I-Pace forum about issue with these chargers. There are several versions (generations) of this charger out there. The older ones will require a hardware upgrade to function with the I-Pace. It's not only the I-Pace which has problems with is chargers, also other EVs may or may not work. The H280 update for the I-Pace has solved it for some of these chargers, after the update I have sucessfully tested some QC45 that did not work before. But some others still do not work, maybe those chargers, who need the hardware fix ... You don’t know until you try.
BTW. It seems, that these chargers are not around outside of Europe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am in US and every Efacec qc45 refuses to charge my 2019 ipace. Getting DTC20001. High voltage isolation fail or 25008 vehicle emergency stop.
But it always work on modern chargers so sure it is not the car
Found it out a less fun way along the interstate395 passing Death Valley. 100 degrees F outside. 3 chargers in a row all refused to charge. AC charging got me enough to reach the hotel. That do have AC chargers
At least one of the operators are coming back to me to discuss more details. Greenlots. But the others seem to have no Interest. Interesting info about hardware charger updates. I let greenlots know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts