Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a i-Pace 19 FE for a while, and once in a while, I had a had problem with cameras, mainly when reversing from the garage.
I usually give the entertainment system 20-30 seconds to boot up before reversing.
But last 4-5 months, it has become more frequent (and randomly) to have a black screen (no cameras) when reversing!
and sometimes the screen stays black until I turn off the car, and on again after a while.

Gadget Font Display device Communication Device Electronic device
Vehicle Plant Automotive design Personal luxury car Radio

a couple of times, I got lane keeper warnings; not sure if it's relevant.
The official workshop checked the car, but they couldn't find anything. They also updated the software to the latest, while no help.

I am wondering, is that something usual in i-Pace?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,856 Posts
Did the workshop provide a written description of what they did?

They should have validated that the Camera Control Module, Park Assist Control Module, Body Control Module/Gateway Module and Infotainment Master Controller do not have any fault codes stored and are current in software versions. Any fault codes would indicate a problem to be corrected such as an intermittent break in wiring to the rear hatch. Finally camera calibration should be done.

They may have to reload software to those modules even if nothing is found to ensure there is no internal corruption.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the workshop provide a written description of what they did?

They should have validated that the Camera Control Module, Park Assist Control Module, Body Control Module/Gateway Module and Infotainment Master Controller do not have any fault codes stored and are current in software versions. Any fault codes would indicate a problem to be corrected such as an intermittent break in wiring to the rear hatch. Finally camera calibration should be done.

They may have to reload software to those modules even if nothing is found to ensure there is no internal corruption.
As I understood from you, that's not normal.

They were testing the car for half a day but could not find anything.
I am not sure which ones were checked; they only said we updated the software (probably reloaded software). I ask for a more extensive report next time.

they tried to find the issue couple of times but had no luck.
I have an appointment next for a more extensive one; I am afraid that would be easy to spot.

I just take photos and document the time/date that may be useful while testing.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,856 Posts
In the US it is required by the federal safety standards that the rear camera operate within 2 seconds of reverse gear being selected. No, it is not normal.

·
Registered
2019 HSE
59 Posts
I've had this issue but have not taken to dealer. Sometimes I get a camera system fault indication when in D. Sometimes a blank or lots of vertical lines across the screen. Always fixed but turning off, then on again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sadly, this is the norm for the info-tainment screen. My 2020 has had this issue since day one. It was mentioned in most of the reviews I saw online but they were not very descriptive in these reviews as to how bad it is.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Every once in a while, I got this issue. After updates, I haven't seen it in a long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts