Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my iPace in August from a lease company, delivered to my door with social distancing and no real handover/guidance.
I've read the various manuals and pdfs.
I have BOTH In Control Apps....and seem to prefer the OLD one as it actually allows me to set new journey start times and pre-conditioning via the app which has vanished from the newer version.

Now, I accept that the weather is still mild but I have been surprised that the rear window heater and the wing mirror heaters have not come on with the preconditioning.
Is that something that happens below a certain temperature, does anyone know?

And is there any way to activate the heated seats before you get started your journey?
(Do I sound a bit precious? I just thought it would be an option.)

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
848 Posts
The heated window and mirrors will not be activated with pre-conditioning. The functionality isn't there. Pre-conditioning is only for the cabin environment and traction battery temperature.

In fact, I find it annoying that the mirrors are heated only if the rear window heating is activated and the outside temperature is below some set point known to the car (something < 40F). This is a problem when there is morning dew on the mirrors at higher temperatures.

The seats won't heat up either. It is in the manual/i-Guide that they will owner operate "when the electric motor is running."

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maybe someone can clear up something for me. When I start "Climate" from the Jaguar Remote app, it works perfectly and in 30 minutes the interior is warm and it's ready to go. (Or earlier if not too cold.)

But is it preconditioning the battery? I have had the car for 18 months and have never quite figured out if preconditioning has to be done from inside the car or whether the app does it. With another winter coming soon, it would be good to know. (I have generally been preconditioning from inside the car, setting the timer for the next day before I exit from a journey).

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can't find any links, but as I recall the consensus was that pre-conditioning is interior only when the car is not plugged in, but may include preconditioning the traction battery if the car is connected to a level 2 charger, and possible only if the battery is at 100% SOC.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
848 Posts
The way i-Guide reads and mentioned in the video contained in the guide, Climate does not pre-condition the battery. Pre-conditioning requires setting a departure time either in the car or via the app. It will use power from the charging source if connected, otherwise it will draw from the traction battery. Obviously, the latter reduces the range significantly. "Climate" is included as a part of departure time conditioning, too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tldr; the only way to precondition the battery is by having the car plugged in, at 100% and setting a departure timer. If the conditions are met properly the battery will be heated up as necessary a few hours before departure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts