Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for fun I stopped at a level 3 EVGo charger to see how it worked. The charger was charging at a rate of about 130 miles/hr and put on about 70 miles before the charger stopped and the car reported 'power cut detected'. I reinitiated the session by pulling the charger handle and reinserting and then rescanning my EVGo card. This happened twice more for a total of 3 times before I ended the session.

I reported this on the EVGo app, but I'm wondering is this truly an issue with this specific charger or could the car be at fault?

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
670 Posts
We have had similar with EVGo. So, I would like to say it is EVGo, but a hiccup with the I-Pace could never be off the table ;)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have had similar with EVGo. So, I would like to say it is EVGo, but a hiccup with the I-Pace could never be off the table ;)
Ain’t that the truth. As a matter of fact, once I started driving away from this suspect charger, I got a new warning, ‘Camera fault detected’. I tried putting it in reverse while at a light and found it wasn’t lying, no backup cam. I pulled over a little later, got out, locked the car and immediately unlocked and got back in. All returned to normal.

Such a strange kitty. :)

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Here's the way I look at it. How many I-Pace owners absolutely love their car for all the various reasons? Yet the same owners often note the variety of issues that pop up every so often. I think part of the love affair to our I-Pace is the mystery and unpredictability of driving each day. This is often what attracted us to our spouse and separated them from others we had met. I guess if you want a car with predictability and sameness each day you should look toward a Toyota, Lexus, or Mazda according to Consumer Reports in 2020. I personally enjoy the intrigue each day I drive and cannot wait for the next driving adventure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, I've had the same with EVGo chargers but I have noticed only with certain specific ones. (For example the left EVGo charger in Saint Helena, CA, gives me this problem half the time, but the right one never has). So I do think it's EVGo.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
670 Posts
Hi, I've had the same with EVGo chargers but I have noticed only with certain specific ones. (For example the left EVGo charger in Saint Helena, CA, gives me this problem half the time, but the right one never has). So I do think it's EVGo.
YES. Our local EVGo is like this too. One side is better (ish) that the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts