Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ran across this app which is an intelligent Navigation App which avoids range anxiety.
It is real time connected via Bluetooth to OBDII dongle to provide SOC, other data.
It can be downloaded at Play Store for Android or iOS.
I like the idea you can monitor Energy (kWh, Battery Temp, speed, power, other.)
Anybody tried it?
It does have a yearly fee by the way.

https://www.powercruisecontrol.com

·
Registered
118 Posts
I-Pace youtube Link from the website in 1st post.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
32 Posts
I've used it since the beta version was released. As far as I know, it's the only way to get route planning that incorporates efficiency coaching, real-time consumption data via the OBD2 port, and prediction of consumption using elevations and real-time ambient weather. I've found it to be accurate, if not a little bit pessimistic about range. It was a lifesaver when an EA station was unexpectedly out of service in a rural area of the country. I was able to limp to the next charger using the efficiency coaching feature.

The app is essential if you take road trips that require charging stops. It's not super useful for short trips, especially since some of the granular vehicle data was removed when it went from the beta to release version. It probably pays for itself through more efficient planning of DCFC stops and amelioration of range anxiety.

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
The pre-release version of PPC is what I used for documenting all my battery issues with my first I-Pace. It used to give pretty comprehensive readings of various parameters, including the onboard SOC estimate in both kWh and %, battery temp, voltage, etc. The publicly available version still gives useful info, but it has been pared down. But that use case is not what the developer has been building these apps for (there are several for popular BEVs). Instead, the use case is "Long Trips", as Vandy points out.

You have to have an OBD dongle (I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KXMW5Q7/ ). The app is actually quite brilliant in design. It analyzes your real-time data to tell you whether you need to slow down (or stop early) in order to arrive at your destination; alternatively, it gives you a "green light" ("all you can eat" as the developer says) if you have plenty of charge to get to the next charging stop. There is a learning curve but once you've used it a couple of times you'll find it useful if you go on longer trips and don't plan your safe route ahead of time.

·
Registered
MY21 I-Pace EV400 HSE
21 Posts
Does it work through CarPlay?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Thanks good app, anyone know how this compares to the integration of real-time car data with ABRP?

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
32 Posts
Does it work through CarPlay?
I don't think that PCC is available for iOS at the moment. It's listed as under development on the PCC website, so you might be able to get on the beta by emailing the developer directly. The Android version does not integrate with Android Auto. It does hand off the the route to Google Maps, though.

I don't think it's available for iOS at the moment
Thanks good app, anyone know how this compares to the integration of real-time car data with ABRP?
I have not tried Tronity.io. I've read in another another thread that the state-of-charge data is less granular with Tronity. Plus I think you'd have to pay for Tronity and ABRP subscriptions to have real-time data capability.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Here is an example of a TorquePro screen that I took from the other UK forum. A coupke of people are working hard :) to retro engineer the data on the canBus and provide deep insight on various modules in the IPace to everyone. Once we understand those modules and PID, developping an app at the top of them will be easy, or using TorquePro or EngineLink (IOS) is also an option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The pre-release version of PPC is what I used for documenting all my battery issues with my first I-Pace. It used to give pretty comprehensive readings of various parameters, including the onboard SOC estimate in both kWh and %, battery temp, voltage, etc. The publicly available version still gives useful info, but it has been pared down. But that use case is not what the developer has been building these apps for (there are several for popular BEVs). Instead, the use case is "Long Trips", as Vandy points out.

You have to have an OBD dongle (I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KXMW5Q7/ ). The app is actually quite brilliant in design. It analyzes your real-time data to tell you whether you need to slow down (or stop early) in order to arrive at your destination; alternatively, it gives you a "green light" ("all you can eat" as the developer says) if you have plenty of charge to get to the next charging stop. There is a learning curve but once you've used it a couple of times you'll find it useful if you go on longer trips and don't plan your safe route ahead of time.
I tried to search for the OBD dongle you have listed, but Amazon (US) indicates that there are no results.
Is there a recommended OBD dongle that I can purchase? The official ones on the PCC site don't seem to be available in the US.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
32 Posts
I tried to search for the OBD dongle you have listed, but Amazon (US) indicates that there are no results.
Is there a recommended OBD dongle that I can purchase? The official ones on the PCC site don't seem to be available in the US.

Thanks,
Tony
Search for B011NSX27A. It's low profile (so you don't kick it with egress/ingress) and works well with PCC. I would not leave it plugged in when not in use--it can draw power when the vehicle is idle and drain the 12v battery.

·
Super Moderator
2,466 Posts
Did that link in my post above not work for you? It works for me ... don't search, just click that link.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts