Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Does your RAV-4 EV weight 5K lbs? Have AWD? Accelerate to 60 mph in 4.5seconds, have comfortable seating for 5? Loaded with luxury appointments that all use energy operate?

Seems like a failed comparison... Look at Model X 90D as it is within 200lbs, and even with better aerodynamics, and total drag, cannot accelerate to 60 in 4.5 seconds, nor does it have most of the I-Paces luxury appointments. Much better comparison though. In Bjorn Nyland testing I-Pace proved equal to or slightly more efficient then his Model X P90DL. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIPBJudGfo&t=32s
Yes valid points. Still 10% lower than ANY Tesla as rated by the EPA. I wonder how the car was set for the test such as what regen and climate control setting.
Don't worry... my I-Pace is still coming and it is going to be wonderful.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The MPGe numbers for the I-Pace are as follows:

80 MPGe City
72 MPGe Highway
76 MPGe Combined

https://insideevs.com/jaguar-i-pace-range-just-234-miles/

Only a hair better than my RAV4-EV
RAV4 2014 - 103mi worth of battery, FWD only. 76 MPGe combined with 154 HP. 7.x seconds to 60mph. About as quick and powerful as a Volt in pure EV mode. It cannot hang with Bolt EV in any performance metrics.

i-Pace - Over 200mi worth of battery, AWD, 400HP, 4.x to 60mph. Offroad capable, road course capable. Lots of advanced features and much bigger tires.

·
Registered
598 Posts
RAV4 2014 - 103mi worth of battery, FWD only.
This is a perfect example of test perameters. RAV has a normal and extended range charge setting and I believe the EPA rating is just normal charge and climate control set to max heat or something. The car itself would go 145 miles on the freeway at 65 mph with extended charge and no climate control on a moderately cool day. RAV will easily exceed the 103 official rating in virtually any reasonably normal conditions. Even without the extended range charge setting.

Same happened to Nissan during the initial ratings (2010) based on the 'normal' 80% charge level. Reportedly during the same time Elon told the EPA normal charge was 100%.

I don't think we will really know I-Pace until we have it.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
That's why I'm currently planning to buy a Model X ;) Not just the range, but it's in the sub title lol.
"...Jaguar still has Tesla beat in the luxury game. While the interior of the Model X -- and its gullwing doors -- look futuristic, the interior -- as per our comparison -- outclasses Tesla. And considering the I-Pace starts at $69,500, exactly $10,000 cheaper than the base Model X, longtime fans of European SUVs might stick with Jaguar."

$10k seems like an awful lot to pay for an extra 4 miles of range with lower quality interior...but to each his own.

Enjoy the Model X!

·
Registered
112 Posts
right?! but for long trips in the jag.. ohh wait... no super chargers? have fun 100 miles from home :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
right?! but for long trips in the jag.. ohh wait... no super chargers? have fun 100 miles from home :)
Maybe you are slow... But it seems Electrify America is going to solve the range problems in much of the EV populated areas of the USA very soon, yesterday they updated their map to reflect all the stations open or currently under development, no longer 10's but 100's, and their map is still not 100% up to date, because I still know about 3 more stations in my area that are in for permits, but still not shown on the map. In the areas I drive, EA is going to have Tesla superchargers outnumbered by early next year, and lets not forget this is EA Cycle 1 of 4... One other note, is that EA stations do not share the actual chargers amongst 2 dispensers the way Tesla does, so on a busy weekend, everyone at an EA station gets full vehicle capable charge current, and not Tesla's wimpy little 72KW that is at more then half of their stations...

Here is current EA Map and link, and also Plugshare with EA filter...

https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
No offense to Tesla fans but I think it's more than just an opinion that the Telsa Model X is just plain ugly with a plain, subpar interior, lol! Personally, I cannot go from a Porsche Macan Turbo (and amazing interior) to the Tesla Model X...eeew. If I want super crazy, stupid fast speed, I just drive my 700 HP/TQ GT-R running on E85 fuel, lol!

Reactions: sciencegeek

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
No offense to Tesla fans but I think it's more than just an opinion that the Telsa Model X is just plain ugly with a plain, subpar interior, lol! Personally, I cannot go from a Porsche Macan Turbo (and amazing interior) to the Tesla Model X...eeew. If I want super crazy, stupid fast speed, I just drive my 700 HP/TQ GT-R running on E85 fuel, lol!
Of course there are many who find the Model X nice looking. I don’t think it’s ugly and came close to buying one a few times , but I could never get past how ‘cheap’ the interior felt/looked for the price of the car. I just couldn’t get over paying $90k for a car that seemed on par, quality-wise, with a 1998 GMC pickup

41 - 53 of 53 Posts