Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting the H280 update from the dealer, my battery health looks normal. Maybe the API is giving better data?

Before I was getting only 77.8 kWh with 100% health and 100% Full on Wattcat

Here is what I'm getting now after 100% charge and some rebalancing

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be interesting to see how your actual range changes.
My tire pressure is at 35psi so I can tell my range is much less.

·
Registered
691 Posts
After getting the H280 update from the dealer, my battery health looks normal. Maybe the API is giving better data?

Before I was getting only 77.8 kWh with 100% health and 100% Full on Wattcat

Here is what I'm getting now after 100% charge and some rebalancing
I had the H280 update a few weeks ago and WattCat shows my battery health at 62% at 49% SoC. I regularly check and haven't seen an improvement.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I should have added that at 100% SoC I'm seeing 85.8-86.2 kWh but only 68% health so I'm pretty sure that the health is fine.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought you always kept your tire pressures low?
It was at 38 before, now down to 35. I kept lowering it do to the rough streets

·
Registered
776 Posts
Does the 3lbs make that much of a difference in ride and/or range?? I wonder at what point the low pressure warning kicks in even with the light load setting.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PS702, any improvement in ride quality and how much effect have you seen on range?
It's affecting my range but I'm still getting around 270 miles in Eco and not driving like a maniac.
The ride is really rough on not perfect roads.
So in LA there is no way to have a drink in the car as much as its moves. It really feels like I'm off roading
On smooth streets its like glass. I'm closer to the Orange County dealers so when I took it for them to check, there was no way to replicate the problem because OC streets are perfect. Car was perfect.
Now I need to go to the West LA dealer to drive in the junk streets to show a tech my problem.

The other problem I'm having is the sound system. There doesn't seem to be a separation between the mids and tweeters so in hearing the voice come out of the tweeter.
I've tried all of the EQ presets and the same problem.
Lowering the treble makes it sound dull so im not sure what to do

Not sure if I'm being too picky or imagining things

·
Registered
776 Posts
Did these things change from when you got the car? Was the ride better on the same roads than they are now? Did the sound system sound better or more refined when you got the car?

I'm assuming, since you haven't mentioned these issues before, that your perception is that things have changed.

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's affecting my range but I'm still getting around 270 miles in Eco and not driving like a maniac.
The ride is really rough on not perfect roads.
So in LA there is no way to have a drink in the car as much as its moves. It really feels like I'm off roading
On smooth streets its like glass. I'm closer to the Orange County dealers so when I took it for them to check, there was no way to replicate the problem because OC streets are perfect. Car was perfect.
Now I need to go to the West LA dealer to drive in the junk streets to show a tech my problem.

The other problem I'm having is the sound system. There doesn't seem to be a separation between the mids and tweeters so in hearing the voice come out of the tweeter.
I've tried all of the EQ presets and the same problem.
Lowering the treble makes it sound dull so im not sure what to do

Not sure if I'm being too picky or imagining things
Our roads are a combination of bad, really bad, and moderately smooth but I haven't payed attention to the ride quality or noise level because it's so much quieter than my ICE. I'll check it out, more reason to drive the car!

As far as the voice issue, I haven't seen that either but I have the fade set to a rear bias and balance set slightly to the right. I'll pay attention to that too.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Our roads are a combination of bad, really bad, and moderately smooth but I haven't payed attention to the ride quality or noise level because it's so much quieter than my ICE. I'll check it out, more reason to drive the car!

As far as the voice issue, I haven't seen that either but I have the fade set to a rear bias and balance set slightly to the right. I'll pay attention to that too.
Yes please let me know what you think about the ride. It's very quiet, but rough

Funny, I have done that with the fade and balance

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has the ride quality changed or have you always felt it was rough?
I've only driven it 4800 miles I don't recall it being like this, but the tech said they didn't find any error codes and couldn't replicate the problem
The other day I picked up Starbucks in those cup trays and I had to drive extra slow because the car was moving so much that the coffee was spilling, even with the lid on.

I have an appointment at the end of the month where I know the streets are rough and I could replicate the problem

Even going slow over speed bumps, it moves side to side a lot. There was a base model one with 18s that went over the same bump in a much smoother way. The owner of the other I-Pace couldn't believe the difference

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've only driven it 4800 miles I don't recall it being like this, but the tech said they didn't find any error codes and couldn't replicate the problem
The other day I picked up Starbucks in those cup trays and I had to drive extra slow because the car was moving so much that the coffee was spilling, even with the lid on.

I have an appointment at the end of the month where I know the streets are rough and I could replicate the problem

Even going slow over speed bumps, it moves side to side a lot. There was a base model one with 18s that went over the same bump in a much smoother way. The owner of the other I-Pace couldn't believe the difference
The dealer looked for fault codes but did they do a visual inspection of the air suspension? Maybe get a 2nd opinion?

·
Registered
776 Posts
The dealer looked for fault codes but did they do a visual inspection of the air suspension? Maybe get a 2nd opinion?
Curt, that’s exactly what I was thinking. An issue like this might not lend itself to computer error codes. A problem with a strut or other mechanical component would probably not manifest itself that way, but a visual inspection might.

·
Registered
776 Posts

So you git to ride in his? That would be a real confirmation that yours has an issue if his rode that much differently, even though it had 18s.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So you git to ride in his? That would be a real confirmation that yours has an issue if his rode that much differently, even though it had 18s.
The 18s are a smoother ride in general, so you are right, I should drive another one with the same 20s as mine.
And to @CurtSprings2 point, I am getting a second opinion

I'm not expecting it to be as smooth as your wives lexus, but it shouldn't be like this

·
Super Moderator
2,263 Posts
Just catching up to this thread. PS, did you say it was getting worse or do you think you're more finely attuned to it now? 🍺

1 - 20 of 23 Posts