Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the H264 update the other day, got home, charged to 100%, drove 160 miles, came home to charge up to 53%

Car has been sitting for 24 hours and has lost 5% of its charge

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Pre H264, I've never had any drain even when sitting for a week

·
Super Moderator
1,716 Posts
Any outside conditions that changed? Was the car locked? I wouldn't be surprised if their battery management has gotten better and what you're witnessing is a real-time adjustment due to cell balancing .. but it could also be bad news. I'd keep monitoring and calculating consumption.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any outside conditions that changed? Was the car locked? I wouldn't be surprised if their battery management has gotten better and what you're witnessing is a real-time adjustment due to cell balancing .. but it could also be bad news. I'd keep monitoring and calculating consumption.
Weather has been warmer, car is always unlucked in the same spot
I did open and close the door a few times and the infotainment boots up much faster, but nothing else
Cell rebalancing sounds right because up until now, it's been perfect

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Being honest, I have not checked actual SOC %, but I have noticed that post H264, the guesstimated range is lower on the main display when my car is parked, unlocked in the garage. Meaning, pre H264 if my "range" said 160 after parking and I did not drive for a day or two...the range would still say 160. Now, after sitting for many hours or a day, the range is decreased simply by sitting in the locked, not cold garage.

Temps are much warmer this week than the past two weeks too. Either H264 is giving us more accurate battery/range info, or something is using some power now when our I-Paces are parked :-O

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Being honest, I have not checked actual SOC %, but I have noticed that post H264, the guesstimated range is lower on the main display when my car is parked, unlocked in the garage. Meaning, pre H264 if my "range" said 160 after parking and I did not drive for a day or two...the range would still say 160. Now, after sitting for many hours or a day, the range is decreased simply by sitting in the locked, not cold garage.

Temps are much warmer this week than the past two weeks too. Either H264 is giving us more accurate battery/range info, or something is using some power now when our I-Paces are parked :-O
My car sat outside in below freezing temps for up to 3 weeks without losing any SOC. If the battery is now noticeably draining after a day or two, that would be concerning.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
My car sat outside in below freezing temps for up to 3 weeks without losing any SOC. If the battery is now noticeably draining after a day or two, that would be concerning.
I did not actually check the SOC, so maybe it is fine. I did notice the GoM estimated range was lower after sitting/being parked. Maybe all is ok, but we will all need to monitor this!

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
244 Posts
It could be that the GoM is now factoring in current battery temperature and it didn't used to. If that's the case, I would expect too see lower range after the car has been idle long enough for the battery to cool down to ambient temp, if the ambient is < 60.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My GOM has not changed, but since I posed this last night, I lost another 2% SOC

·
Registered
62 Posts
My Tesla always loses a little range when sitting unplugged and thought it was interesting that the I-Pace did not. Sounds like the new software is just better at showing reality than it used to.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tech at the dealership said the car needs to be locked to go into deep sleep.

Maybe this is something new with the H264 update so I will give it a shot and see what happens over the weekend. I always leave it unlocked with the key in the car so this is new to me

Will keep everyone posted

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I parked my I-Pace in the garage yesterday 1/2/20 (not locked) and have not driven or started it. Screen said 212 miles and 82% SOC. This was at 11:30am, 1/2/20.

8:30am 1/3/20: 212 miles 82% SOC.

2pm 1/3/20: 212 miles 82% SOC

3pm 1/3/20: 206 miles 83% SOC Huh?! Lol :-O

3:30pm 1/3/20: 206 miles 82% SOC

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I parked my I-Pace in the garage yesterday 1/2/20 (not locked) and have not driven or started it. Screen said 212 miles and 82% SOC. This was at 11:30am, 1/2/20.

8:30am 1/3/20: 212 miles 82% SOC.

2pm 1/3/20: 212 miles 82% SOC

3pm 1/3/20: 206 miles 83% SOC Huh?! Lol ?

3:30pm 1/3/20: 206 miles 82% SOC
Thanks for checking and this is how it's supposed to be

I think mine is running something thats draining the battery, but I keep monitoring it

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did not actually check the SOC, so maybe it is fine. I did notice the GoM estimated range was lower after sitting/being parked. Maybe all is ok, but we will all need to monitor this!
This car needs a real, hard-wired reboot button.

Was just thinking of a Ctrl-Alt-Delete to clear out whatever is running

·
Registered
535 Posts
So maybe now I can pop the cord on at 10 pm after sitting a few hours and I-Pace might actually start charging instead of continuing to sleep?
Or even use the manual delay timer on my old Schneider EVSE?

I don't plan to get the 264 until my first service maybe in June.....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@PS702 I got the update done on Friday and the car sat for two days in high 30s/low 40 degree weather outdoors and the SoC held steady at 52% with no loss.

Thank you for checking

I think it might be the 19c update. Maybe because it didn't fully download properly when the car was one? I'm dropping off the car today at the dealer

·
Registered
24 Posts
I always loose 4 miles overnight for my Tesla S when parked inside. It would be 6 to 8 miles when parked outside depending on the temperature in winter. For my IPace which is not on the latest software, I don't see any reduction in the number of miles. The loss can be due to the fact that the car is never fully down. If the battery gets cold, it probably regulates it to the the optimal level. In Tesla if the Sentry and Cabin overheat protection are turned on, the car shows more reduction in miles over night.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts