Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A feature I totally loved on my '19 BMW i3 was the stopped/parked HVAC. When turning the car off, the main Infotainment screen would automatically prompt asking if you wish to leave the the HVAC on! It would then hold the set cabin temp for 20-30 mins. This was amazing when running into a grocery store, bank, Target, etc...especially when our temps hit 100-115F. No fussing with the app, waiting to connect, usually failing LOL

Without using the Jaguar remote app, is there an easy, fast way to keep the HVAC running in our I-Pace (like in the i3) when turning the car off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I haven't even worked out how to give the car over to the people that run our local car wash. It will put it in park & shut off the moment they get out of the car - won't it?

How do they keep it in Neutral without somebody in it? They don't let you ride though inside. They take the car and send it through for you.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
I haven't even worked out how to give the car over to the people that run our local car wash. It will put it in park & shut off the moment they get out of the car - won't it?

How do they keep it in Neutral without somebody in it? They don't let you ride though inside. They take the car and send it through for you.
You can leave it in neutral and set the parking brake if you don’t want the car to shut off

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can leave it in neutral and set the parking brake if you don’t want the car to shut off
Will the car allow you to lock it, if the car is "running" and in Neutral?! This seems like not such a great idea! LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Will the car allow you to lock it, if the car is "running" and in Neutral?! This seems like not such a great idea! LOL
Not sure why it isn't a great idea. I leave my cars 'running' all the time, especially when the tempos at below zero Fahrenheit & I have the kids in the car and I need to run inside quick. For some of them you can bypass the nanny feature that prevents locking the car simply by rolling down the window, reaching in to press the lock & then the window up buttons. I don't believe I needed to do that with the I-Pace, but I can't recall for sure. My BMW lets me lock the car with the key fob, with the car running or not, the Honda and the Land Rover require me to do the roll down the window trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts