Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a weird one. The rain sensing wipers on intermittent setting go on as expected then keep speeding up after a while (5-10) minutes until they are going max speed or I turn off and restart them. Not a big issue but you would think this tech would work properly - not like it's anything new. Funny gremlins.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It isn't normal and you may have a bad sensor, or the area of the windshield where the sensor is has obtained a coating of something that is making the sensor go mad. Wax coating or bug remains on the outside of the windshield in the area of the review mirror and cameras?

·
Super Moderator
1,714 Posts
FWIW, I've had this issue in my 2004 Touareg; the sensor fogs up, which sets it off to the max, which automatically increases the wiper rate to the max. I've also had it happen in my first I-Pace when it was humid and cold, so perhaps it's really about condensation. Not 100% sure on this though.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
The rain sensing wipers on my I-Pace might be the worst rain sensing wipers I have ever had. They are way too intermittent and allow to much rain to build up on the glass between swipes. I either use them on a set speed, or I do a lot of 1 touch of the stalk manual wipes.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The rain sensing wipers on my I-Pace might be the worst rain sensing wipers I have ever had. They are way too intermittent and allow to much rain to build up on the glass between swipes. I either use them on a set speed, or I do a lot of 1 touch of the stalk manual wipes.
You can adjust the sensitivity the same way you'd adjust the intermittent rate by rotating the collar on the stalk that has then MIN and MAX markings.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
You can adjust the sensitivity the same way you'd adjust the intermittent rate by rotating the collar on the stalk that has then MIN and MAX markings.
Yes, I have done this. It still makes little to no difference. Luckily where I live in So. Cal, we can go 9+ months with never needing wipers ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts