Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Porsche Taycan Sales

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  epirali 
#1 ·
I'm seeing an impressive number of Porsche Taycans in my neighborhood. Spotted 2 today - a green and white on my same errand trip. Porsche seems to be doing something right. Clearly there is a market for high end BEVs. Jaguar could learn something about marketing from them. It's nice to be in an exclusive club but it also means our dealers have limited experience when something goes wrong.

#2 ·
I have one, but I am an EV addict. Honestly I think it is mainly selling to Porsche diehards. Which is good. I would have never bought a Porsche, but I got the Taycan because its an amazing EV. What I should say is it is an EV that Porsche is using to “prove” that electric future will still be Porsche (just like I-Pace says for Jaguar).

I think in the US the Porsche brand has more ”status” than Jaguar so its selling well. I believe I-Pace is doing pretty well overseas, I see many of them in the UK. But yes JLR isn’t as good in marketing as Porsche is.

BTW in my opinion (which I have said here before) the I-Pace is more “fun.” Its not faster, its doesn’t handle better, but it has a lot more character. The Taycan is incredibly capable and a little bit sterile. And a bit overpriced. I think the Audi GT Etorn (sister car) will do even better.

#3 ·
Still love my ipace. Interesting you find the ipace more fun - overall its probably more usable given its a 'suv'. The speed and handling difference wouldn't make a difference for me as I drive pretty conservatively. The longer range and faster charging could come in handy. Jaguar needs to fix the buggy infotainment. Initially it was quirky very rarely now it's a problem that might make me leave the brand once my lease is up unless it's fixed. Getting serviced next week.

#4 ·
I really love the I-Pace but after driving the Taycan Turbo a few times, it makes the I-Pace feel slow.
The handling is incredible, very fast, looks beautiful, but it's over priced. Interior is nice, but not for a mid $100k car
That being said, I would really want an RS version with a paint to sample color.

#8 ·
I really love the I-Pace but after driving the Taycan Turbo a few times, it makes the I-Pace feel slow.
The handling is incredible, very fast, looks beautiful, but it's over priced. Interior is nice, but not for a mid $100k car
That being said, I would really want an RS version with a paint to sample color.
Anyone know what kind of prices are actually being paid for Taycans? I-Pace discounts are up to $25k in the U.S. for specified examples.

#5 ·
It's all moot since we barely drive anymore.
I care more about how a car feels than how fast it is. If I put stickier tires on my other cars, I'd get home in the same amount of time.
The Taycan isn't pretty, but I'd not throw it out of bed. Certainly better looking than the Model S.
But the Taycan price is just ridiculous for what the vehicle is, especially with the Turbo. I'd rather have another decked out I-Pace than a stripped Taycan, and the I-Pace would be much cheaper.

Reactions: Groshyubcha
#18 ·
Well one reason is that Porsche, besides the name, is CONSTANTLY pushing the Taycan. Almost every single ad, e-mail, advertising is about being electric, the Taycan, the future, etc.

I don’t think I have heard the words “Jaguar” or even “I-Pace” anywhere in the US in the past year. And dealers treat the I-Pace like its the embarrassing uncle. How will that help? I have yet to introduce the I-Pace to anyone who hasn’t said “wait, Jaguar has an electric car?”

#19 ·
Very true.
Porsche dealers make it a point to tell customs of the brand about the Taycan.
They want you to test drive it, they want to sell it.
Complete opposite with Jaguar dealers

#20 ·
Even Ford is making dealers give Mach-E loaners to ICE customers, that is smart. Not only does it promote the car, it gets brand customers to gain experience with electric and get over fears. when I picked up my Taycan from service once a long time Porsche customer was trading in his 911 for a Taycan 4s. It was his first EV and he had been introduced in a previous service.

Yeah, not happening at Jaguar. Not only are they not shown I get a discovery as loaner! Gggggrrrrrrrr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.