Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

What BECS version are you on?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few reports of BECS (battery energy control software, also known as BCM) units receiving over-the-air software updates recently. I thought it would be interesting to see what version people are running, and if they have noticed an update. When my car recently updated to TCU 19.2 and InControl 20C, I did not see any changes. It's also possible that their are country specific versions.

You can check your version by going into the same software update screen where you would check your InControl version. Note that you have to be on a newer TCU version (16.2?) in order for the BECM version to display.
Also note that the list of versions is likely not comprehensive; if it isn't represented in the list, mention it in the response and I'll see if I can add it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mine is like the 1st one on the list but:
BP-AAE-BC-AC-BD

·
Registered
253 Posts
Go to the software update screen, scroll down (top of the screen should be about the infotainment system), and ask for an update if you don't see anything. It should appear there

·
Registered
253 Posts
Fun fact, you can't see the number with the french language. The translation for "battery energy control system" is too long for the screen... :) I had to set it to English to see it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Fun fact, you can't see the number with the french language. The translation for "battery energy control system" is too long for the screen... :) I had to set it to English to see it.
Fun fact, on mine you can't see anything and it's in English. ;)

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
Mine is blank. I can see the infotainment software version and the vehicle connectivity system, but the battery energy control system field is blank. I'm now on 19.2 and S20C. No idea on BECS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The car needs to be on TCU 18.2 or 19.2 to display the BECS version. Otherwise it will be blank. You can try to push "check for updates", it may show the number then.
As my car is on TCU 17.2, I am hesitant to vote, as it could be one the numbers shown, but also something else.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
I'm on 19.2 and I've tried "check for updates", but it still shows nothing for BECS.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks like I'm up to date on BCES.
IMG_1508.jpeg

Now if I could just get upgraded from 20A on the infotainment.

ETA: 20C came through yesterday (Nov 12).

·
Registered
207 Posts
On 19.2 and S20C. However, BECS is blank.
Mine is blank when I first look at the BECS screen.
I tried about 6 times to look for new software and got notice "up to date" each time.
Finally, I returned to home screen, then back to software update, then it finally showed up.
Just another I-PACE quirk.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts