Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

So the plastic panel by the driver's side mirror has detached twice now while at highway speeds. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
97 Posts
These panels have detached at speed before.

I recall these panels clip into small rectangular holes molded into part of the front fender.

If your panel is not in place have a close look at these holes. There may be one that is damaged or deformed that prevents the clips on the small panel from attaching properly.

A close-up photo of your mounting bracket would be helpful for us to diagnose the cause of these detachments.

On mine if I lightly press the upper edge (with the rubber lip seal), there is some 1/16" of movement. Perhaps some foam mounting tape is required inside for a more secure mounting.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
893 Posts
The front panels are some composite materials, not aluminum.

Dealer told me it's under warranty so have them take it look at it

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
1 Posts
The front panels are some composite materials, not aluminum.

Dealer told me it's under warranty so have them take it look at it

View attachment 4437
I AM SO GLAD !!!
I lost one of those too , I got worried that the car got vandalised , but it made no sense the damage just that

I shall show the post to Jaguar in case they argue

thank you

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
830 Posts
That picture above actually looks like the body is damaged. That upper slot has a split and the metal is bent. It will take more than just snapping in a new piece to make sure the new piece doesn't wander off too.

·
Registered
893 Posts
That picture above actually looks like the body is damaged. That upper slot has a split and the metal is bent. It will take more than just snapping in a new piece to make sure the new piece doesn't wander off too.
It's not metal, it's a composite material. It's malleable and a bit flimsy.
This is why the triangles are falling off.

I but a little glue on mine to keep it in place

Reactions: Deutsch100
1 - 7 of 7 Posts