Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened yesterday. I heard a slight hiss while freeway driving and suddenly had tire pressure warning message stating that rear right tire had 4 psi; and pulled to the side of the road.

Does not inspire confidence in these tires.

I would rate the roadside assist service provider as marginally satisfactory.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Look at the tread blocks in the area and you can also see some cutting. Raise it up, turn the wheel, and see if the inside has the same cut. We call these 'snake bites', and are usually pothole damage, but road debris can also cause it, as well an unlucky curb strike.

Or it could be a MFR defect.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
That looks like my tire after it nailed a rock.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Good responses.

Failed to mention in my original post: there was no impact trauma on this drive.

No noticeable ballooning beforehand either. Just heading home with the groceries.

My take away is "Don't take your SUVs on California roads."

Maybe I should send the pic to our illustrious governor and ask him how our top 10 global economy
is doing with the roads.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
After just getting back from driving through Arizona, Nevada, and Utah, you know when you're back in California. Tijuana has better roads. It's a disgrace. Closed rest stops, mispainted lanes, bumpy yet freshly repaved freeways, etc. You can see it on the dashcam video. The Jaguar has a very smooth ride, but the dashcam wiggles easy. The other state's videos are smooth.

I'm not sure Caltrans should try to fix the roads. They should hire Utah to do it. Probably be cheaper too.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Nothing a whole lot of campaign finance reform wouldn't fix in a jiffy.

Reactions: McRat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Calidave, that is a huge bummer, the reason I opted for the higher profile tires was to reduce the likelihood of this. May I ask what pressure you had on your tires and has the dealer provided any help with replacement?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts