Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this is normal for some cars, but my iPace connects to my phone from my garage when the car is off. This is quickly becoming a royal pain in the azz, as I have no interest in BT being connected when the car is parked and off. Has anyone else experienced this? It will connect even when the car has been off for a while if I wander close enough to the garage.

Any way to stop this??

·
Registered
692 Posts
Maybe this is normal for some cars, but my iPace connects to my phone from my garage when the car is off. This is quickly becoming a royal pain in the azz, as I have no interest in BT being connected when the car is parked and off. Has anyone else experienced this? It will connect even when the car has been off for a while if I wander close enough to the garage.

Any way to stop this??
Do you lock the car in the garage? I know it sounds crazy but my service advisor recommended this so all modules shut down.

I haven't noticed this issue because I normally turn off Bluetooth to save a little battery power but when I turn it back on the car doesn't connect. I don't know if it's locking the car or turning off Bluetooth but I just walked into the garage with it on and the car did not connect.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts

Any way to stop this??
It must be a JLR thing, because my Disco does the same thing. Locking it does seem to prevent it, although I rarely think about locking the car in the garage...

·
Registered
692 Posts
It must be a JLR thing, because my Disco does the same thing. Locking it does seem to prevent it, although I rarely think about locking the car in the garage...
I was seeing a nightly 1%-4% decline in the SoC while the car was parked overnight. The service department couldn't find anything wrong and locking the car was the recommendation. I was highly sceptical and even the service advisor seemed sheepish to give the advice but it worked, no more phantom drain.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I get this occasionally after shutting down the car. Unfortunately, whenever the FOB is near enough, it wakes the car up and initializes some of the services, like bluetooth. Haven't had it be persistent enough to cause a problem, but I might try the locking suggestion just to test things out.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
Mine does this too, but only like 15-20 mins after I pull into the garage. I guess the connection stays. Once the car goes to "sleep", even if unlocked, the Bluetooth connection ends.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Any way to stop this??
Yes me too

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
Sounds like bad software design. I bet they leave all communications on when you lock the car because the WiFi potentially needs to be able to communicate and the car-essential SIM needs to send stats to the API. I bet they neglected to program the Bluetooth to shut down.

·
Registered
893 Posts
New SOTA S20a should fix this problem

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I can confirm there is a "wakeup" bug; I have my charger set to start charging at midnight. I was using my phone in the wee hour of then and guess what? Right at midnight the car started charging and my phone (my bedroom is over the garage) connected to the ole i-Pace. Come on, Jag....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts