Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after waiting for many many months (Covid, closed factory, micro chips shortage, etc...) I finally had my 2022 iPace delivered, in the new Aruba color. Loved the car, still learning all the tricks, resolving issues like sudden freeze of nav system, indicator of temperature from Farenheit to Celsius, etc... But nothing that, in the end, I couldn't resolve. Big surprise was that, charging in the garage of my building, it takes days to get a full charge. But I dont drive much, so it's ok.
Did a first test driving from Miami Beach to Sarasota (apprx 220 miles). Pit stop after 110 miles, in Naples, at a fast charger of Electrify America at a Wallmart parking lot. Fast process, very straightforward and easy to pay without enrollment. Charged again at the hotel. Return trip with the same recharge stop. Test it in high speeds, A/C on all the time (in Florida!) and the battery seemed to hold in a satisfactory fashion. But, still premature, for any more serious observations. However, I would appreciate having comments on 2 issues:
1. I found the car suspension very rough, my wife complained all the time when we passed any little bump on the streets. Even compared to her Range Rover Evoque. I used 37.3 psi in the front tires and 40.5 on the rear tires. At the dealer it was suggested 40psi on all 4. Any input about this?
2. When I took the car at the dealer it was showing, to my surprise, a range of 260 miles! The first recharge gave me a range of 245, and subsequent recharges are showing between 215 to 230 miles. Shouldn't I get approximately the same range all the time for a full battery?

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
797 Posts
Hi, after waiting for many many months (Covid, closed factory, micro chips shortage, etc...) I finally had my 2022 iPace delivered, in the new Aruba color. Loved the car, still learning all the tricks, resolving issues like sudden freeze of nav system, indicator of temperature from Farenheit to Celsius, etc... But nothing that, in the end, I couldn't resolve. Big surprise was that, charging in the garage of my building, it takes days to get a full charge. But I dont drive much, so it's ok.
Did a first test driving from Miami Beach to Sarasota (apprx 220 miles). Pit stop after 110 miles, in Naples, at a fast charger of Electrify America at a Wallmart parking lot. Fast process, very straightforward and easy to pay without enrollment. Charged again at the hotel. Return trip with the same recharge stop. Test it in high speeds, A/C on all the time (in Florida!) and the battery seemed to hold in a satisfactory fashion. But, still premature, for any more serious observations. However, I would appreciate having comments on 2 issues:
1. I found the car suspension very rough, my wife complained all the time when we passed any little bump on the streets. Even compared to her Range Rover Evoque. I used 37.3 psi in the front tires and 40.5 on the rear tires. At the dealer it was suggested 40psi on all 4. Any input about this?
2. When I took the car at the dealer it was showing, to my surprise, a range of 260 miles! The first recharge gave me a range of 245, and subsequent recharges are showing between 215 to 230 miles. Shouldn't I get approximately the same range all the time for a full battery?
Welcome to the forum. Please post a picture - I haven't seen the new colors.Regarding your questions,
1. The suspension is more of a European feel that a US feel - a little harsh at times. I assume you have the air suspension. I usually set the tire pressues at 37 all round.
2. Simple answer - NO. The range indicator uses some algorithm that is based on your past driving behavior. If you drive a lot of local trips at 30-50mph your estimated range will be high. If you drive a lot of highway trips at 70-80mph, the estimated range will drop. Mine usually varies between 220 and 260miles in these two extreme driving styles. The estimate given by the nav system is better and takes into account your current driving at that moment, and the anticipated type of driving on the rest of the route..

With experience, you'll find you can get around 180-200miles between charges without too much anxiety, but it does depend on driving style and conditions. What connection are you using in your garage? 110v "granny charger", or a 220v L2 charger. The 110v "granny" charger that JLR provides does take up to 72hr to charge the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your comments.
1. Color: Aruba is an intriguing color that shows in different aspects based on the light. I ordered in the dark as even the dealer didn't know what that would be but I am happy with it. Photo attached.
2. Suspension: understood your point and will try tire pressure at 37 all around.
3. Your comments on different ranges makes total sense. Testing at high speeds in fact I got low range after topping up the battery. My connection is the 110v "granny" charger provided by JLR but as I don't drive much and my driving is mostly local and with a very conservative style so it should be fine. For any emergency I can also use a level 2 charging station available within a few feet from my building. Again, thank you for your inputs.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts