Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to post this for a while, but couldn't find a good shot of the car. My father's 1968 Mk II was midnight blue with red leather and real wood trim. This shot was taken in the late 70's. Beautiful car, albeit a little lacking in the creature comforts of the I-Pace.

[For those interested, there are identical restored versions on the "Classiccars.com" web site showing the interior.]

For those on the forum worried about the time/effort needed for handwashing the I-Pace, that chrome needed regular polishing.

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yup, same with me, the I-Pace is my first experience with an SUV/CUV. I always used to tell people I much preferred sedans. Times change. :)
I'm not an SUV guy at all.
I had an F-Pace loaner for 4 days, drove 1000 miles. That feels like an SUV.
When I got back in the I-Pace, it felt much more like a Sedan.
I tell people that it's hard to categorize the I-Pace. It doesn't look and feel like a CUV IMO

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm not an SUV at all.
I tell people that it's hard to categorize the I-Pace. It doesn't look and feel like a CUV IMO
In person the I-Pace didn't look like a CUV. In photos it was harder to see and perhaps I saw a CUV because that's how Jaguar categorized it so that's what I expected it to look like. Your comparison between the F-Pace ride quality and the I-Pace is spot on. I too had an F-Pace loaner and was so happy I didn't bend to my salesman's push to buy one that was deeply discounted. The F-Pace was disappointing after driving the I-Pace.

·
Registered
907 Posts
In person the I-Pace didn't look like a CUV. In photos it was harder to see and perhaps I saw a CUV because that's how Jaguar categorized it so that's what I expected it to look like. Your comparison between the F-Pace ride quality and the I-Pace is spot on. I too had an F-Pace loaner and was so happy I didn't bend to my salesman's push to buy one that was deeply discounted. The F-Pace was disappointing after driving the I-Pace.
No offense to those that have one, but it was not an enjoyable experience.
Only SUV I like is the Range Rover because it feels like a luxury yacht

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
689 Posts
I'm not an SUV guy at all.
So agree. When I have had people ask me what the I-Pace is...it is almost cannot be categorized.

I always say...."The I-Pace is a combination of a sedan, an SUV, a station wagon and a sports car"!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
So agree. When I have had people ask me what the I-Pace is...it is almost cannot be categorized.

I always say...."The I-Pace is a combination of a sedan, an SUV, a station wagon and a sports car"!!
Feels like a sports car on platform shoes to me. Has the ride height and ease of exit and entry of an SUV with the handling and driving dynamics of a sports car. May be my favorite car ever...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts