Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a car just recently. I love it! But.. just few days ago I noticed, that passenger's knob doesn't work properly.
It doesn't come back to the neutral position. It stays the same position wherever I release it. I can press and turn on seat heating or cooling, but I can't change the the flow intensity when I pull it.

I had left the car for several days for wrapping with matte ppf. But guys deny any impacts to this detail..

Is there anyone, who faced this problem? Is there a way to buy this knob and replace? I've called to dealer, they told me (based on the video I sent) that I'm supposed to change the whole climate display. But I have to come to them, which is a big deal for me, bcs I'm from far-east of Russia and nearest dealer is 3000 miles away ((

there is a video how it looks..

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
Hmm, sorry to hear! I hate to say it but I don't think there's any way around the dealer. If you try to fix it yourself you might void the warranty, and you can only get the parts through a dealer anyway I bet.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this too. I do not think there is anyway around this...a dealer visit is a must. When my climate stopped functioning entirely around 1,000 miles, the dealer had to replace the entire climate screen too. It seems poorly designed, that that so much must be replaced each time.

I mean this with all due respect, as I LOVE my Jaguar....but WHY, WHY would you buy a car, especially a car known to be persnickety with the dealership being 3000 miles away??? This is insane; not just from a problem/breakdown aspect, but for servicing and parts! Where you live there are no VW, Ford, Skoda, BMW, Mercedes, etc dealers closer by? 3000 miles is just one of the craziest things I have ever read on this Forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm so sorry to hear this too. I do not think there is anyway around this...a dealer visit is a must. When my climate stopped functioning entirely around 1,000 miles, the dealer had to replace the entire climate screen too. It seems poorly designed, that that so much must be replaced each time.

I mean this with all due respect, as I LOVE my Jaguar....but WHY, WHY would you buy a car, especially a car known to be persnickety with the dealership being 3000 miles away??? This is insane; not just from a problem/breakdown aspect, but for servicing and parts! Where you live there are no VW, Ford, Skoda, BMW, Mercedes, etc dealers closer by? 3000 miles is just one of the craziest things I have ever read on this Forum.
I know, I know...I was obsessed with buying an electric vehicle. I could buy a Tesla, but I wasn't happy with interior and other things like no 360 cameras and HUD.

And to be honest only after I bought a car I was added to small what's app group where are 25 owners and realised that the owners struggle with quality of the car..

I hope JLR will open their shop this year in my home city. At least they declared it. Thanks for answers, guys.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
465 Posts
..... I noticed, that passenger's knob doesn't work properly.
It doesn't come back to the neutral position. It stays the same position wherever I release it. I can press and turn on seat heating or cooling, but I can't change the the flow intensity when I pull it.

......But I have to come to them, which is a big deal for me, bcs I'm from far-east of Russia and nearest dealer is 3000 miles away
Not sure there is a simple mechanism to fix your issue, however for the sake of a 3000mile trip I would say "live with it".

I assume that the driver's control knob works ok, and if you allow the driver's settings to control the ventilation system you have no issue - or at least nothing that is worth a 3000mile trip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure there is a simple mechanism to fix your issue, however for the sake of a 3000mile trip I would say "live with it".

I assume that the driver's control knob works ok, and if you allow the driver's settings to control the ventilation system you have no issue - or at least nothing that is worth a 3000mile trip.
yeap, that's exactly what I think about it. As long as I can control the temperature in the saloon and even heating/vent of passenger's seat - it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a car just recently. I love it! But.. just few days ago I noticed, that passenger's knob doesn't work properly.

I had left the car for several days for wrapping with matte ppf. But guys deny any impacts to this detail..

Is there anyone, who faced this problem? Is there a way to buy this knob and replace? I've called to dealer, they told me (based on the video I sent) that I'm supposed to change the whole climate display. But I have to come to them, which is a big deal for me, bcs I'm from far-east of Russia and nearest dealer is 3000 miles away ((

there is a video how it looks..
Are you sure that the passenger know is supposed to be pulled at all? My car is not available right now for verification, but I believe that the knob for passenger temp and heated/cooled seats adjustment can not be pulled to adjust ventilation speed separately. And I think it has been like this since it was new, and can not find any information confirming that you can adjust the vent speed separately or specifically for the passenger side. Hence my question to you and other; Am I right? If so, your car is not broken, it just works as expected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you sure that the passenger know is supposed to be pulled at all? My car is not available right now for verification, but I believe that the knob for passenger temp and heated/cooled seats adjustment can not be pulled to adjust ventilation speed separately. And I think it has been like this since it was new, and can not find any information confirming that you can adjust the vent speed separately or specifically for the passenger side. Hence my question to you and other; Am I right? If so, your car is not broken, it just works as expected.
Sorry for the typo (knob, not "know".....)

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes, definitely. Moreover, it fixed by itself now. Somehow. Have no clue how it’s possible. But now it works perfectly

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
832 Posts
I tested mine too. I have the 4 zone climate system, heated/cooled seats, and ionization. I always have it in auto mode or off. I reached over and pulled up the passenger side knob and it allowed adjusting the fan (yes the fan as there is only 1) speed and thus disabled auto mode. Pushing down allowed adjusting seat heating/cooling. It worked just like the driver side knob even without a passenger in the seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts