Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I've just ordered an I-Pace with a panoramic sunroof and privacy rear windows. Does anyone know what percentage (if any) of UVA/UVB rays these filter out? As well as the regular, non-tinted, windows?
Local dealers are having a hard time finding out for me (I live in the UK).

A.

·
Registered
776 Posts
What sciencegeek said. I find the filtering on the roof to be even more effective than the already good filtering that was on my departed Model S. Even on a hot day it's amazing how little heat you feel.

Worst case scenario, JLR makes a sunscreen for the panoramic roof that doesn't cost a fortune.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The roof was one of my concerns prior to purchasing but I have actually been surprised by how NOT HOT the car has been when parked in full summer sun. For me it hasn't been an issue at all. Even as I have always sought out shade for all of my cars, it's not always possible and I haven't found the I-Pace any hotter than other cars with sun roofs that have covers.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
78 Posts
The factory tint (including the roof) is impressively dark and effective.
And yes, pretty much all tints are 99%+ UVA/UVB. Heat rejection is the biggest variation. I'm adding a 50% film to the roof this week for further heat rejection.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
205 Posts
And yes, pretty much all tints are 99%+ UVA/UVB. Heat rejection is the biggest variation. I'm adding a 50% film to the roof this week for further heat rejection.
I recall seeing that Jaguar does not recommend tinting the roof glass since its eventually need for removal will likely strip off pieces of the factory coating on the inside surface. I don't recall when or where though, it was quite some time ago. I'm in Texas and I also find it amazing how little heat is felt through the roof even at 100 degree plus noontimes.

I did put the top-of-the-line LLumar Formula One Stratos ceramic tint (30%) on the front sides and it seems to perfectly match the rear window's level of tint so I'm quite happy with that. With that I could feel a difference in heat through the driver's glass. It's listed at 99.5% UV rejection, 59% Heat, and 63% glare reduction.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What sciencegeek said. I find the filtering on the roof to be even more effective than the already good filtering that was on my departed Model S. Even on a hot day it's amazing how little heat you feel.

Worst case scenario, JLR makes a sunscreen for the panoramic roof that doesn't cost a fortune.
Thank you Ken.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again Brendon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The roof was one of my concerns prior to purchasing but I have actually been surprised by how NOT HOT the car has been when parked in full summer sun. For me it hasn't been an issue at all. Even as I have always sought out shade for all of my cars, it's not always possible and I haven't found the I-Pace any hotter than other cars with sun roofs that have covers.
Thanks Steven.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recall seeing that Jaguar does not recommend tinting the roof glass since its eventually need for removal will likely strip off pieces of the factory coating on the inside surface. I don't recall when or where though, it was quite some time ago. I'm in Texas and I also find it amazing how little heat is felt through the roof even at 100 degree plus noontimes.

I did put the top-of-the-line LLumar Formula One Stratos ceramic tint (30%) on the front sides and it seems to perfectly match the rear window's level of tint so I'm quite happy with that. With that I could feel a difference in heat through the driver's glass. It's listed at 99.5% UV rejection, 59% Heat, and 63% glare reduction.
Thanks StormRune! Looks like I'll get away with getting a similar UV film for just for the front windows and windshield (and not for the panoramic roof and rest of the windows.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
678 Posts
PLEASE be careful tinting the pano roof. Feel it with your nails...it is rubberized. It is not just regular tinted glass!

THREE Jaguar dealers have told me that the pano roof CANNOT be tinted with film. They said it will ruin it, void warranty and the owner will be responsible for it.

If you need more shade and protection than the already very dark UV glass, for less than $200, you can get a Jaguar factory pano roof sunscreen that snaps easily in!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all.

I've just ordered an I-Pace with a panoramic sunroof and privacy rear windows. Does anyone know what percentage (if any) of UVA/UVB rays these filter out? As well as the regular, non-tinted, windows?

A.
I am in Austin, Texas, lots of HARSH sun, but the sun roof is not an issue at all. I even stopped using the screen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all.

A.
I bought an iPace a month ago. I live in the desert of Southern California. Our car has the panoramic roof but it also has a interior screen that is a clip on. Not sure about the UV but the screen keeps things cooler and less sunlight is coming directly into the cabin. You might ask your dealer if they can equip the car with the screen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all.

A.
Can't provide the percentage you're seeking, however, we live in Dallas, TX. And, it's HOT here. We have not found the glass roof to generate any more heat than the AC can easily and effectively cool. It seems no hotter than any other vehicle we've owned, even when parked for an extended period of time in the TX sun. Think you'll find it totally satisfactory, especially in the UK. ENJOY!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
827 Posts
Having driven with and without the accessory sunshade, my observations are that
(1) the car is fine without it
(2) my head was noticeably cooler with it on the longest daylight day of the year that was the first half of a 800 mile round trip
(3) direct overhead sunlight on the longest daylight day of the year was less distracting/annoying with the sunshade
(4) it is lighter in the car on non-sunny days without it
(5) overall warmth in the car didn't change

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.

A.
Hi, well it works fairly well, but....on a hot sunny day I have felt it to be somewhat uncomfortable. It gets warm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought an iPace a month ago. I live in the desert of Southern California. Our car has the panoramic roof but it also has a interior screen that is a clip on. Not sure about the UV but the screen keeps things cooler and less sunlight is coming directly into the cabin. You might ask your dealer if they can equip the car with the screen.
Thank you. I've ordered the interior clip-on screen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts