Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted my brake calipers red today. Was planning on doing the @LowOnCash technique, but ended up buying the Dupli Color Caliper paint which uses a paint brush and solvent caliper cleaner. I didn't want to take a chance on messing with the wheels, so I jacked up the car and pulled the wheels off one at a time. It looks pretty good and makes the wheels pop a little more. I'll let it cure for a bit and see what I think of it, but so far so good. My I-Pace will be pretty much all red and black when I'm through. Pictures of the front and rear below.

FYI, the LowOnCash technique:

CaliperPaint.jpg FrontCaliper.jpg RearCaliper.jpg Painting.jpg

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
523 Posts
Looks good. Seems to be straightforward, albeit time consuming.

That colors goes better with the photon red - perhaps you need to wrap the car now.:giggle:

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Good add to the cat . Do you notice whether they have different color kits for that?
According to the website they have red, yellow, blue, two blacks and a silver. Luckily, the only one my AutoZone had was red. (y) I saw it on Amazon as well.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good. Seems to be straightforward, albeit time consuming.

That colors goes better with the photon red - perhaps you need to wrap the car now.:giggle:
Took at least couple hours for sure. It was hot today, close to 90 degrees. Probably would have been better if it was a little cooler since the spray solvent cleaner evaporated pretty quickly, although the calipers weren't very dirty. The paint also was probably drying a little quicker than I'd like, but I think the end result was still very good. Two coats on each with only the recommended 5 minutes of waiting in between coats.

I was talking to my neighbor about the wrap idea. You can get very creative with a wrap if you have a mind too. :sneaky: I'm really enjoying the Firenze Red, so I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts