Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering an HSE with oyster interior and hopefully performance seats . For anyone who has had an oyster interior for while, how well does that wear ? I’ve seen some demo model pics where the leather seemed already smooth glossy and a bit darkened

would appreciate feedback and thank you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had my HSE with oyster interior for a year and it has worn well. The driver seat has taken on a little bit of a sheen compared to the other seats, but it's not offensive. I've cleaned the leather a few times using the leather cleaner that came with the car, and it is still as light as it was when it was new. Overall, it seems to be holding up pretty well, though it does not look pristine as it did when it was new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am considering an HSE with oyster interior and hopefully performance seats . For anyone who has had an oyster interior for while, how well does that wear ? I’ve seen some demo model pics where the leather seemed already smooth glossy and a bit darkened

would appreciate feedback and thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my oyster interior - but I wear jeans to work (or did before sheltering in place) - and I did get a good bit of dye transfer that I’ve not been able to correct. Cant see it when I’m sitting in the car - but not something I expected - so something I might rethink should I ever buy another i-pace (which I definitely will do - I love this car:))

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wear jeans in the car too and the seat did start taking on some of the dye, but a good scrubbing with the leather cleaner took it all off.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The oyster leather is not as soft as the black wich is probably for durability.

I found it best to clean the leather every 2 months and condition it.

I use Adam's which works really well. It brings out the leather smell and doesn't gives it a sheen look

1 - 6 of 6 Posts