Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Interesting how they outfitted something just for transporting i paces across the street! I like the custom charging setup. Cool!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
Why doesn't the truck have an automatic parking function? I guess they wouldn't trust it like most drivers of cars so equipped (except those making commercials for vehicles equipped with the feature).

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
This may be one answer why JLR does not want to market this car. Check out my calculations: 6 bodies transported per hour, 16 hour days (2 shifts) , 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year (maximum work weeks probably less) = approx 30,000 units/ year. Pretty sure Tesla production numbers per year are a little higher. Good thing Henry Ford did not have to depend on this truck to produce the Model T. In 1925 it took 3 days to make 30,000 Model T's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
This may be one answer why JLR does not want to market this car. Check out my calculations: 6 bodies transported per hour, 16 hour days (2 shifts) , 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year (maximum work weeks probably less) = approx 30,000 units/ year. Pretty sure Tesla production numbers per year are a little higher. Good thing Henry Ford did not have to depend on this truck to produce the Model T.
So, what's your point? That JLR would be selling more i-Paces if only this truck did not delay production?

In 1925 it took 3 days to make 30,000 Model T's.
Of course that was from nearly 30 plants.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Why doesn't the truck have an automatic parking function? I guess they wouldn't trust it like most drivers of cars so equipped (except those making commercials for vehicles equipped with the feature).
The truck was retrofitted with an EV drivetrain, and unless they were going to a fully automated transport, might as well use the driver who traverses the public road between the plants to park the truck.

I would have liked to have seen more of the I Pace plant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts