Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently completed a Pennsylvania/Montreal round trip and saw a charging error on the way back I hadn't seen before.
I'd stopped at a NY thruway service plaza to use an EVConnect L3. A Nissan Leaf was occupying the charger. After sitting in the parking lot for 20mins, I drove back around to find the Leaf disconnected and it drove off. I plugged in and after initializing got an "overcurrent fault" error on the charger. Repeated this twice before calling EVConnect and they tried resetting and manually starting the charge - same result.
I backtracked to the previous service plaza, plugged in to an identical EVConnect unit - no problem.
It was pouring rain at both sites, and I did worry about moisture/water in the charging port, but unless the Leaf owner dropped the charger plug in a puddle I'm stumped for a reason it wouldn't work.

Anyone else seen a charger refuse to cooperate immediately after someone else successfully charges?

·
Registered
405 Posts
L3 chargers can be twitchy. I had an error once became there might have been a little too much tension in the cable pulling on the connector...

I am jealous about your drive. I'd love to do a Montreal-Penn trip, or a Montreal-Boston but the border is still closed for Canadians driving into the US... Looking forward to that changing. My company opened up an office in Cambridge, MA during COVID so I'd like to see the office (and drive through the white mountains again)...

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
L3 chargers can be twitchy. I had an error once became there might have been a little too much tension in the cable pulling on the connector...

I am jealous about your drive. I'd love to do a Montreal-Penn trip, or a Montreal-Boston but the border is still closed for Canadians driving into the US... Looking forward to that changing. My company opened up an office in Cambridge, MA during COVID so I'd like to see the office (and drive through the white mountains again)...
High peaks in the Adirondacks were pretty last weekend. Plenty of color. 🙂
I do enjoy visiting Montreal - great city and plenty of L2 and L3 charging all over the place. Saw plenty of EV's of many flavors except I-Paces.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
At this point, closed borders is stupid borders. Even NZ is giving up on it. It only made sense early in the pandemic when we thought we could stop it, and even then, it basically only worked in NZ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts