Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Wow, must be an early build. What's the VIN? (Don't post the whole thing, just the last five digits; and you can blank out the last three like this: If the last five are 43215, just post 43***)
what the issue with posting the VIN?

63***

anyone who can see the car can copy the VIN. I believe it was July 2019 Delivery in Ohio. Maybe the person is on this forum still? Lol. One can hope.

Administrator
Oh so not an early build ... 馃嵑 Demo package in a later build, that's cool.

[better safe than sorry about posting vins ...]

Registered
The early build have a "nice" Jaguar sticker at the bottom of the front door. instead of a good looking 3D logo. One day I ask my Dealer if they can replace that ugly sticker for the new logo (under warranty, of course), and he told me "only if the sticker peels off"....

My VIN ends with F61xxx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The early build have a "nice" Jaguar sticker at the bottom of the front door. instead of a good looking 3D logo. One day I ask my Dealer if they can replace that ugly sticker for the new logo (under warranty, of course), and he told me "only if the sticker peels off"....
mine does not have a sticker. I checked earlier when I read about that on the forum. It鈥檚 has a 3D effect to the lettering that鈥檚 kinda cool.

I鈥檒l prolly cover it up with vinyl unless they can work around it.

Registered
can replace that ugly sticker for the new logo (under warranty, of course), and he told me "only if the sticker peels off"...
If you physically test the adhesion of leading edges of the sticker every day, you may be able to claim it sooner while the warranty still covers body trim components. I recently had the black trim strip behind the rear wheel replaced under warranty when the leading edge popped out.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: dernotte

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
So an update on the vehicle. The windshield is fixed but the HUD still doesn鈥檛 work. The tech says that the frunk is a little off too (hence the closing issue). He thinks it has been in a significant accident that wasn鈥檛 reported to carfax. They are covering the repairs under warranty but the tech himself recommended I return it. Said this isn鈥檛 the I pace to have.

So after all this it鈥檚 going back! Working to the details of the return with Carvana. I had all the phone calls documented in their system and they agreed to accept the return. They are deciding whether to just have JLR fix and then return it or just return it as is.

Carvana is going to come pick up the vehicle once they decide what to do with it. They offered me the option to drop it off a one of their car vending machines. That sounded cool but I didn鈥檛 know how to get home so asked them just come pick it up.

so the search continues鈥

Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
So an update on the vehicle. The windshield is fixed but the HUD still doesn鈥檛 work. The tech says that the frunk is a little off too (hence the closing issue). He thinks it has been in a significant accident that wasn鈥檛 reported to carfax. They are covering the repairs under warranty but the tech himself recommended I return it. Said this isn鈥檛 the I pace to have.

So after all this it鈥檚 going back! Working to the details of the return with Carvana. I had all the phone calls documented in their system and they agreed to accept the return. They are deciding whether to just have JLR fix and then return it or just return it as is.

Carvana is going to come pick up the vehicle once they decide what to do with it. They offered me the option to drop it off a one of their car vending machines. That sounded cool but I didn鈥檛 know how to get home so asked them just come pick it up.

so the search continues鈥
Something about the windshield didn't seem right.

Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
Try to find a cpo to get the extra year of warranty. Prices have been going up on our cars. I have a really good transport company if you need to ship. It's nice that you are able to return the car. Let us know how it goes. I sold my bmw X5 to Carvana and it was wonderful. No issues. I think you will be fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I鈥檓 starting to think that maybe a new one is worth it. I optioned a minimum new one and it came out to $75900 MSRP. With the tax credit is $68400. That鈥檚 a compelling alternative to a newer one. I know this is discussed on other threads as well.

These are strange times where used cars are selling for just as much if not more than the new ones. Look on Jaguars own website. There is a used 2020 S for just as much as the new ones. Im starting to search for new ones too. If a new one with Caesium blue and Oyter white pops up I may just jump on it.

Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
Yeah. Was trying not to get excited but ended up getting attached anyways. Lol
Possibly a few cars coming off 3yr leases this coming year. Keep looking. The experience you've just had will be invaluable with any that you find.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Thought I saw a 2020 Cassius in Texas yesterday on the jag cpo site?
Yeah. It鈥檚 an SE for 66k and change. I was looking for an HSE. So I didn鈥檛 look into that one closely. It鈥檚 prolly nicely optioned at that price.

there was another caesium blue new one for sale for 76k in Miami. But I called today for info and it had sold. So as of right now there aren鈥檛 any Ceasium blue I pace available in HSE. There are a couple new Portofino blues on the new ones, but that too dark for me.

Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
I wanted a 2022 and found a few out of state but was told that jlr has instructed dealers to only sell to instate residents. Hope u have more luck. I was able to find a 2020 hse with 3200 miles and hud along with some other goodies for 64k. In this market it wasn't too bad. It was driven by the owner of the dealership.

Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
If the car had been in a serious accident there should be tell-tale signs of painting. If you get the car back before turning it back in to Carvana, look at the hood hinges and see if the paint is continuous on hinge bolts and where the hinges meet the hood. Look for overspray on suspension parts, etc.

Maybe I can buy it cheap from them if they send it their Heath, OH, service center. :) It will be good for parts.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts