Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I’ve had a 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo that I was hoping to keep for a few more years but plans changed. I always told myself that a 500HP V8 twin turbo engine would be my last ICE car.

I have been looking online for a awhile but no extended local dealers had any I-pacea at all for a test drive or to show. (I called 5 dealers. I saw one on Monday for sale and called they said it sold the night before. Someone put a deposit down already. Couldn’t even test drive it bc the deposit was in.

Then finally one popped up 90 miles away on Thursday. Drove up there the next day bc I happened to have the day off, luckily. Loved car but the price wasn’t right. But had decided that I wanted an I pace for my next car.

After looking at the available inventory there was an I pace available on Carvana. Couldn’t determine the options it had, other than HSE model. I called Carvana and they said if it’s not on the website they don’t have the info. I asked how to determine if the car has the options I want - they said to buy it and return it within 7 days if I didn’t like it. So I did.

Car should be coming in a few days. Excited to see it. Hope I like it. Excited to be a member of this forum!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,419 Posts
Welcome! I hope you enjoy it. MY19-20 HSE models have a lot of features as standard. Have a local Jaguar dealer validate that all software is up-to-date and the traction battery health is good for all 36 cells. They may need to give assistance to get the InControl stuff set up for you and ensure it isn't still registered to a previous owner. You don't want them tracking you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips! The options I wanted to check if it had were the extended leather interior, ambient lighting, and four zone climate control. Those were the options I was interested in and I’m not sure they are one every HSE model. I think they were only standard on the First editions.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Configurable ambient lighting, extended leather and four zone climate were options.

If you have the VIN, a Jaguar dealer could look up the details about options built into the car but you'll have it soon enough to find out for yourself.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
77 Posts
Give Carvana a call they should be able to get you a build sheet. They are a great company I just sold Carvana my 2018 BMW x5. I put over 40k on the speedo for a total of 64k miles and they bought it for 3k less than I bought it a little more than two years ago. All the I-Paces I saw on Carvana were sold so had to find one out of state. Good luck on your car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanted to update

I got a call from them stating that because the car is over 40k and I’m paying cash they wanted the funds before the car was delivered. I said it’s a legit concern that someone would take off with the car, but I’m also not sending the money without a car either bc they could easily take the money and not give me a car. They compromised and asked for a photo of the cashiers check the day before delivery. And the actual check when they bring the car.

They also require proof on insurance. I’m pretty sure that you have 30d to add a car new to you to your policy in my state, but just added it anyways to jump through their hoops

Hoping to get delivery as soon as tomorrow! I’ve read on other reviews that there are often delays with Carvana.

·
Registered
2020 S Fuji White
29 Posts
It is a lovely car. If you haven’t had a Jag before there are two accounts you will have to join. there is jaguar incontrol and secondly the maps has a second website Jaguar.here.com for map updates. You will also learn to follow what Ayepace in this forum says. He is super knowledgeable.

One you get your in contol set up via computer you can download the app. Don‘t try to set up with app at first.

You can look around the settings to see what software versions you have but the dealer will be able to update easily. I think the car is on 19.2 and the audio system is 21 for touch pro duo. Yes there are two operating systems to check.

Welcome and please share your experiences!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help! I would be surprised if Carvana knows much specific about the vehicle when they deliver it. This forum will be very helpful until I can take it to the dealer for a tutorial and inspection.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Brendon!

I’m pretty sure it’s a “base” HSE. From the picks it doesn’t have the four zone climate control. I know made it seem like I bought it just to see what options it had but I plan on keeping the car!

Trying not to get too excited until I take it to dealer for inspection. If this particular car has a serious issue then I can use it for an extended test drive. 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Download the iGuide app to an appropriate device. It's the electronic form of the owners manual. Read it. Search it. It will help to familiarize yourself with the cat so you can enjoy it more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the tips guys. Learned a lot while waiting for the car

So the car arrived only 1 day late. It came at night so right away I noticed the interior. Loved the ambient lights. Nice a bright. (I learned later that they were on full). It looked like I thought. No surprises there. Carvana gives you a two minute test drive before taking the vehicle. While on the test drive I noticed that there was a whistling/kazoo sound (quite loud and irritating) coming in from highway speeds. I also noticed that the HUD was blurry. I noticed Carvana of these two issues and they agreed to have them fixed if possible.

I learned after driving it later that it appears to be a leak around the windshield. When I placed duct tape over the top of the front windshield it went away. Then when driving it I noticed there was water coming from the overhead compartment. We opened up the sunglasses holder to see that it was wet and then noticed water dripping from the two holes near the lights. So yeah, I guess more than air got in.

Called Carvana and they had me take it to the dealer and said that the time it was at the dealer would not count towards the 7 day trial. So I took it in today. The dealer wasn’t very helpful but said that since it’s an I pace they only have one I pace tech and they think it’s going to be about a week.

Overall though I love the car! Great acceleration. It’s strange but I find eco or dynamic the best. I don’t like the suspension in comfort. To bumpy without the other benefits for me.

I also noticed that the parking sensors don’t seem to turn on. I turn them on at the begiing of the ride and then the orange light goes away while driving. When I pull in to park the sensors don’t activate and I have to manually activate them again.

I want my next car to be an I pace! Just don’t know if it’s this one. Let’s hope the dealer doesn’t find anything serious. Wife loves the car but already says it’s going back when we get it back from the dealer, says it’s too many issues at the beginning for a 2019 car.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Download the iGuide app or read the owners manual (if you got one). Search/read it before assuming there's a problem (other than water getting into it which is a definite issue).

Three are settings for HUD display position (that may affect "blurry" condition) and for the parking aid system.
You might also have to validate if the car developed a profile for the previous owner and is using that based on recognition of the fob. It will need that information deleted and develop a profile for your choices and driving over a period of time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
There have been numerous cases where the protective plastic coating of the hud glass (the unit in the dash, or projector if you will) was not removed before delivery. Check to make sure it just doesn’t have its shipping protective cover on it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There have been numerous cases where the protective plastic coating of the hud glass (the unit in the dash, or projector if you will) was not removed before delivery. Check to make sure it just doesn’t have its shipping protective cover on it.
Also if the car has windshield heating then there are wavy lines in the windshield and to my eye that always made the HUD text look "fuzzy." I actually ordered a fully loaded one without the front windshield heating just for that reason (and that I don't find the heating elements useful).

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
797 Posts
Thanks for all the tips guys. Learned a lot while waiting for the car

So the car arrived only 1 day late. It came at night so right away I noticed the interior. Loved the ambient lights. Nice a bright. (I learned later that they were on full). It looked like I thought. No surprises there. Carvana gives you a two minute test drive before taking the vehicle. While on the test drive I noticed that there was a whistling/kazoo sound (quite loud and irritating) coming in from highway speeds. I also noticed that the HUD was blurry. I noticed Carvana of these two issues and they agreed to have them fixed if possible.

I learned after driving it later that it appears to be a leak around the windshield. When I placed duct tape over the top of the front windshield it went away. Then when driving it I noticed there was water coming from the overhead compartment. We opened up the sunglasses holder to see that it was wet and then noticed water dripping from the two holes near the lights. So yeah, I guess more than air got in.

Called Carvana and they had me take it to the dealer and said that the time it was at the dealer would not count towards the 7 day trial. So I took it in today. The dealer wasn’t very helpful but said that since it’s an I pace they only have one I pace tech and they think it’s going to be about a week.

Overall though I love the car! Great acceleration. It’s strange but I find eco or dynamic the best. I don’t like the suspension in comfort. To bumpy without the other benefits for me.

I also noticed that the parking sensors don’t seem to turn on. I turn them on at the begiing of the ride and then the orange light goes away while driving. When I pull in to park the sensors don’t activate and I have to manually activate them again.

I want my next car to be an I pace! Just don’t know if it’s this one. Let’s hope the dealer doesn’t find anything serious. Wife loves the car but already says it’s going back when we get it back from the dealer, says it’s too many issues at the beginning for a 2019 car.
None of this sounds like a glowing endorsement of buying thru Carvana, or any other online site for that matter.

The windshield issue sounds like a shoddy replacement job - for whatever reason. With water getting into the area around the windshield there is no knowing what water damage is present, or will be apparent in the future.

I may be highly conservative, but a car as complex as the I-Pace should be thoroughly inspected, test driven and evaluated in person before any money exchange, and in the case of a used vehicle I would want to know the complete history of the car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the help guys.

I’m sorry for some of the silly questions. I had the car for 1 day really. Since no one was around with experience. I solved a lot of “issues” that ended up being just settings quirks. I suspect that the parking sensors and HUD may be those as well. I did quite a search through the manual to figure why the car wouldn’t lock sometimes (turned out I wasn’t closing the frunk hard enough). How to get the ambient lighting to work. Even something like unplugging the car wasn’t intuitive for me. This was while working and planning for a family Thanksgiving trip. I mentioned these two issues to the dealer and they did not have a fix, but I suspect it is because the service person was not familiar with them. I think have found the solution to the parking sensors issue now in the manual.

I also did not set up the app or anything because I wasn’t sure I was keeping the vehicle. So some things may be because of that, as some have said.

I am not impressed with Carvana. This was never intended to be a Carvana ad. Lol. Just posting my experience.

After spending one more night looking through things I do think the parking sensors and HUD are likely settings. So hopefully the only real issue with the car is the windshield. Which should be an easy fix. I asked the dealer to inspect for water damage when the do the repair.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts