Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just ordered a 2020 HSE in Borasco with Mars Red and aluminium interior trim, the carbon fiber 22"s and basically every option except for the heated windscreen. Any recommendations on chargers? A buddy who's an engineer at JLR went in and pulled the order number and it looks like it's supposed to go into production on 7 July, so we have a couple months until it's here. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice etc. Looking forward to this beast!

·
Registered
67 Posts
So we just ordered a 2020 HSE in Borasco with Mars Red and aluminium interior trim, the carbon fiber 22"s and basically every option except for the heated windscreen. Any recommendations on chargers? A buddy who's an engineer at JLR went in and pulled the order number and it looks like it's supposed to go into production on 7 July, so we have a couple months until it's here. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice etc. Looking forward to this beast!
Congrats! You mean, home charger or mobile? For a home charger, it's hard to go wrong with a 32 amp Clipper Creek. I've been using that with three different EVs over the past 5 years.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
About the only functional difference between them is the ‘features’; so it depends on what is important to you. If geeking out on data is your thing, a ChargePoint or JuiceBox are probably the best choices. If portability is a priority go with a Mustart, Tesla UMC or something similar.

I bought the JuiceBox 40 Pro. It died after 4 months and was replaced under warranty, but it left me without a charger for about 2 weeks. If I was to buy a new one, I would save a couple hundred dollars and buy a cheap portable like a Mustart

https://www.amazon.com/MUSTART-Port...words=mustart&qid=1560114772&s=gateway&sr=8-1

·
Registered
67 Posts
About the only functional difference between them is the ‘features’; so it depends on what is important to you. If geeking out on data is your thing, a ChargePoint or JuiceBox are probably the best choices. If portability is a priority go with a Mustart, Tesla UMC or something similar.

I bought the JuiceBox 40 Pro. It died after 4 months and was replaced under warranty, but it left me without a charger for about 2 weeks. If I was to buy a new one, I would save a couple hundred dollars and buy a cheap portable like a Mustart

https://www.amazon.com/MUSTART-Port...words=mustart&qid=1560114772&s=gateway&sr=8-1
The mobile charger I keep in my frunk is that Mustart. I've heard good things about it, although I've only tested it once.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If range anxiety will be of concern to you, you probably should select the 20" or 18" wheels instead. Or if you are going to be driving in snow ditto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If range anxiety will be of concern to you, you probably should select the 20" or 18" wheels instead. Or if you are going to be driving in snow ditto.
Yeah this car will only be for in town driving, so aesthetics won in regards to range... I have a 2012 GTI that’s my beater, so it gets used in bad weather. Might try to find a set of 20”s for winter though...

·
Super Moderator
2,350 Posts
Yeah this car will only be for in town driving, so aesthetics won in regards to range... I have a 2012 GTI that’s my beater, so it gets used in bad weather. Might try to find a set of 20”s for winter though...
Pretty soon you'll want to drive this thing everywhere and forget about your other rides ... >:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use Juice box pro 40 Level 2 home charger with plugin not hard wired installation, on sale at Costco for 499. Highly rated at 40 amp. Install 50 amp circuit with 14-50r Nema plug. Installation cost 500 dollars in garage with 65 dollor for permit in nj. I-pace chages only at 30 amp max due to on board jaguar charger accepts only upto 7.7kwh. However it will be future proof for higher amp.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I purchased mine in May with 20" all season Goodyear tires. They sell for close to 200 plus per tire. 22" tires mounted were all summer tires not all season's and sell well north of 375 per tire
Not sure about 22" all season tires.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had to go with slightly larger tires to get an all-season that fits the 22" rim - Continental Extreme DWS - I really really like them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I custom ordered mine in January. It just cleared customs Saturday so Im days out. Best advice... Read as many of the forums on the options as you can. I went with the 22"s after much reading. Im in a warm environment and I garage my car so the heated glass wasn't worth the issue. Ill be honest, I clicked every option they had, including the cooled ice box. Some of the advice like the checking the psi at the dealership. checking for the lates update ( seems like some dealers didn't) etc.. are money!. You got 4-6 months of anticipation. I think Ill be the first 2020 here in Georgia..

Yulong White / Performance Siena Tan seats/ Carbon Fiber Exterior/ 22" Carbon insert Tires / Suede cloth headliner / Cooled glovebox / HUD / AdSR / Extended leader package and Activity Key..... cant wait!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yea, I had to go up slightly to get an all-season that would fit. I'm within like 3% or something though.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm running 265 40 R22s - had to look at my receipt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts