Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropping in to say hello. I placed an order for a 2022 I Pace last month and now the long wait starts (build start is scheduled for Sept). I decided to wait on the 2022 so I could leverage the 11kW charging capability at work. On days where I actually drive in, range anxiety is real.

For now I will be lurking in these forums, picking up anything that whets the palate for now :) until our cat arrives.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dropping in to say hello. I placed an order for a 2022 I Pace last month and now the long wait starts (build start is scheduled for Sept). I decided to wait on the 2022 so I could leverage the 11kW charging capability at work. On days where I actually drive in, range anxiety is real.

For now I will be lurking in these forums, picking up anything that whets the palate for now :) until our cat arrives.
Congrats! You'll love it..

Do you have an estimated arrival time? Any incentives on 2022 MY?

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
337 Posts
I hope you have a lot better experience than I did on my MY21 which is going back very soon unless they resolve longstanding faults very quickly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! You'll love it..

Do you have an estimated arrival time? Any incentives on 2022 MY? We have 2020 SE, and we might consider trading it for a 2022.
At the moment the estimated arrival date is the last Friday of November but they cautioned me that with COVID, that will likely slip into as late as January. I have an i3 whose lease ends in December so the timing is good for me. We also own more vehicles than drivers so I am not worried about having a daily until it arrives once I return the i3.

Regarding incentives, the dealer told me MY 2022 incentives will be identified once they start shipping. Too early for that. Also no guarantee there will be any incentives so a bit of a coin toss. I am not too worried about it as the price at MSRP is ok for me. Incentives would be icing on the cake of what I think is a beautiful and practical car for our needs. Especially coming from an i3.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
337 Posts
Well, it's under warranty for quite some time. If the car has issues, Lemmon Law, move on. Fingers crossed I don't have issues as we really love it.
No Lemon law here but consumer rights to a certain extent give similar outcomes.

Warranty useless against multiple misdescriptions at point of sale. Dealers useless at remediating issues. I would snatch JLRs hands off if they would buy mine back at full value.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No Lemon law here but consumer rights to a certain extent give similar outcomes.

Warranty useless against multiple misdescriptions at point of sale. Dealers useless at remediating issues. I would snatch JLRs hands off if they would buy mine back at full value.
Misdescriptions at the point of sale sounds terrible. Sounds like a dealer issue vs. an issue with the vehicle unless I am interpreting that wrong.

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think Bolloré already heard you... Quality is already improving... :)

It is a sad irony.

In my youth (the 1960s) Jaguar's problems could be blamed on Lucas, the company which supplied most British car builders with electrical systems which were not designed to handle rain. (I had an MG with Lucas electrics and I'd always check the weather forecast before heading out).

But Lucas has nothing to do with cars these days and Magna is not Lucas.

I look forward to the day that Jaguar can shed this reputation for good.

(Apparently the Brit's fondness for warm beer goes back to days when Lucas made refrigerators 😄 ).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Strange that you ordered yours so early and it’s not here yet. So many variables. Hopefully you will love it! They’ve had 3 years to work out the kinks. Hopefully the early adopter problems are fixed with the new 2022 models!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts