Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY2019 FE. I had Spotify in online media working fine for me until a few weeks ago, before the latest OTA update. Now, while the online media option does appear in the car, when you select Spotify it just goes to the incontrol website on the ipace's browser. Spotify account is already correctly linked to the incontrol account through the desktop incontrol portal. I have a premium Spotify account and it was working fine until recently. The OTA update at the end of Jan made no difference. I have tried removing Spotify from incontrol portal and then adding it again, to no avail. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello ! More or less same here: my spotify account is linked and properly registered in incontrol but I have no spotify pivi app. Spotify doesn't appear in the jaguar app platform (android app). So I assumed it was never fully impemented in my geographical area, but you confirm it should work. I will followthis thread !

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
315 Posts
Hello ! More or less same here: my spotify account is linked and properly registered in incontrol but I have no spotify pivi app. Spotify doesn't appear in the jaguar app platform (android app). So I assumed it was never fully impemented in my geographical area, but you confirm it should work. I will followthis thread !
On Pivi have you brought up the connected accounts app? From the full list of apps on the Pivi screen. You can connect your Spotify account there that's how I did it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well I must try again, but I couldn't find the spotify app in pivi at all. It's one of the multiple pivi faults imho ;) The others are: ACC distance never stored, DAB music titles never refreshed (only the current title when I select the radio channel is and remains displayed), wifi hotspot setting not present, among others ;)
I'm gonna try again !

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
315 Posts
You don't look for the Spotify app, you look for connected accounts which allows you to link your Spotify account.

Even when complete you will never see Spotify as a pivi app but it will be available as a media source and you can control it via the media screen (musical note on the right hand nav).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks a ot for your confirmation. That was the first thing I assumed, but seeing no corresponding media source after I entered my spotify account, I changed my mind and tried to find a solution thru the live apps, without success either. Now that you gave me the "how it should be" instructions, I will try again :)
BTW, the source selector in the pivi system is eeeh how to say it politely ? well, there's none.

·
Registered
315 Posts
On the home screen (I have mine configured to the 3 box view) you have the nav pane on the left, mobile pane in the middle and media pane on the right.

The media pane lists all available sources e.g. Radio, DAB, Spotify, (Deezer if you have it), Tune In. If you go full screen view for media you get a drop-down showing the current source in the top left of the screen and a different view of the available sources.

It only offers the option of Spotify if your account is linked. It used to be quite hit and miss in appearing but seems far more stable after 2.0.6.

·
Registered
95 Posts
OK thanks again for the detailed info. I'm quite sure to have tested it with the prior to 2.0.3 version (the not-numbered version), and at this time nothing worked: even the park brakes were totally crazy. So I will try to restart from the beginning with this Sportfy account :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have touch pro duo not pivi. Oddly, I managed to get Spotify to appear yesterday evening. Everything was linked as it should be and always has been. Spotify was still not loading when selecting it in online media, although it was appearing as an option, and selecting online media as a source just left you with the constant loading graphic, and then just displaying the online media live log in/ provider select list again. However, I tried to get to Spotify through a different route this time by first selecting Deezer in online media and then selecting the Providers tab while Deezer was playing and somehow that got Spotify to work. Has taken 3 or 4 weeks! I did log out of live in the car and then back in again, that may have helped.

·
Registered
95 Posts
OK everything is correct with spotify, thanks for the help ! Mandatory steps are: connect spotify in incontrol. In the car: Under media sources, add a new source. It should complain about data (under connection settings, reaccept the use of data) and about incontrol not being synced (under profiles, my profile, enter the incontrol pin code, and confirm it should be stored there). That's it ! Now Spotify appears as available source.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is Spotify still working for you all?

I have touch pro duo not pivi. Oddly, I managed to get Spotify to appear yesterday evening. Everything was linked as it should be and always has been. Spotify was still not loading when selecting it in online media, although it was appearing as an option, and selecting online media as a source just left you with the constant loading graphic, and then just displaying the online media live log in/ provider select list again. However, I tried to get to Spotify through a different route this time by first selecting Deezer in online media and then selecting the Providers tab while Deezer was playing and somehow that got Spotify to work. Has taken 3 or 4 weeks! I did log out of live in the car and then back in again, that may have helped.
OK everything is correct with spotify, thanks for the help ! Mandatory steps are: connect spotify in incontrol. In the car: Under media sources, add a new source. It should complain about data (under connection settings, reaccept the use of data) and about incontrol not being synced (under profiles, my profile, enter the incontrol pin code, and confirm it should be stored there). That's it ! Now Spotify appears as available source.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, it does. I do not use it since the app is a huge crap, but yes, it works. A recent live app update deleted the user profile twice this week, but once recreated, spotify works.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Spotify, Deezer and TuneIn apps working fine as long as the 4G connection is available. After the last update (2.0.8a) the 4G connection fails to establish on startup about 50% of the time. I use Carplay instead, saves having to reset the Pivi Pro.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts