Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using one pedal driving to bring I-pace to a complete stop, will brake hold activate automatically? I am not sure from my experience. Also, how can one tell and be sure that the brake hold is on? It makes me nervous that car may move. I tried to add hold to favorite button but does not seems to be working when I press the button. Maybe my favorite button is not working. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,714 Posts
Brake hold activates automatically when you've come to a complete stop, but only if you're truly flat or on an incline in D. It will not activate if you're even on the slightest decline.
In my experience, if you gently stop on flat or very slightly inclined slope and don't press the brake pedal, it will activate automatically and you'll hear a very subtle 'crunch'. If you're on a steeper slope and you don't press the brake (or gas) it will roll forward and then start rolling backward, so you have to press the brake pedal for it to engage. Then you can leave off the brake. I have never had an issue with it and am not afraid to use it.

If I recall correctly, if you're in R it activates when you're pointing downhill, with all the same logic.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A lot of people don't realize you can manually engage brake hold but it's in the user manual how to do it. When you are at a stop, engage the parking break with the switch below and to the left of the steering wheel. The dash will say Park to indicate the brake hold is active. You can take your foot off the brake and the car won't roll. To start moving again just press the accelerator and the Park indicator will go out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to program the hold onto the favorite button on the steering wheel so I don't have to reach down but does not work. Maybe I did not do it right.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think I know the source of confusion here. I just looked at the online user manual for what you can program into the Favourite (British spelling in the guide) button, and one of the functions is "Hold" but this is not brake hold, this is placing a phone call on hold. All of the functions this button can be programmed to do are for the infotainment system, nothing about operating other controls in the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I know the source of confusion here. I just looked at the online user manual for what you can program into the Favourite (British spelling in the guide) button, and one of the functions is "Hold" but this is not brake hold, this is placing a phone call on hold. All of the functions this button can be programmed to do are for the infotainment system, nothing about operating other controls in the car.
Thanks. I wish Jaguar can make it clear. It is the second time this week it got me confused. When I tried to set the tailgate height, it got me confused as it didn't state clearly that the button on the gate must be the one to push, not the button on the key. It is the detail that makes all the difference. Any way, big thanks again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On a related note, does anyone know whether the regen braking setting can be set by driver profile? Despite my attempts to get my wife to try one-petal driving with our Chevy Bolt, she completely refuses. I think it’s a paradigm shift in driving and almost always choose it. The I-Pace is my wife’s daily driver, so if I can’t base the regen braking setting on a profile, I’m probably SOL.

·
Registered
291 Posts
On a related note, does anyone know whether the regen braking setting can be set by driver profile? Despite my attempts to get my wife to try one-petal driving with our Chevy Bolt, she completely refuses. I think it’s a paradigm shift in driving and almost always choose it. The I-Pace is my wife’s daily driver, so if I can’t base the regen braking setting on a profile, I’m probably SOL.
I can't get it to set by profile either. We're in the same spot, my wife wants light regen and I prefer heavy. It's simple to change but I usually forget until the first stop and I almost roll through the intersection... Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts