Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove an i-Pace for the first time.
While the regen was strong, it seemed to kick off at 1-2mph using the Creep Off, and Max Regen settings.
It would come to a complete stop, but not like the Bolt.
And sometimes it would roll backwards in D when stopped. Sometime it caught itself, other times it didn't.

Any user input on this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had creep off as well but the car stopped too abruptly for me. I put the max regen and creep back on and still do 95% one pedal driving, but it's my first all electric car and I dont know any different. electro

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
I test drove an i-Pace for the first time.
While the regen was strong, it seemed to kick off at 1-2mph using the Creep Off, and Max Regen settings.
It would come to a complete stop, but not like the Bolt.
And sometimes it would roll backwards in D when stopped. Sometime it caught itself, other times it didn't.

Any user input on this?
mine does roll backwards and will not stop unless the incline does or I apply the brake.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It also rolls forward indefinitely, if there's a downward incline (i.e., not necessarily backward). I test drove the other day, and the I-Pace never came to a full stop without using the brake pedal, even with high regen and creep off.

The Bolt's true one-pedal driving is far superior. I can't imagine why Jaguar did it this way.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What bugged me was reporters saying it had one-foot driving. Did JLR change it?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I doubt they changed, it was probably just vague/imprecise reporting. Tesla also claims 'one-foot driving', even though their approach is even worse than Jaguar's - the Tesla regen cuts out completely somewhere around 6 mph.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not test hill-hold which all of our other cars have. Does the i-Pace hill-hold? That is, when you are on an incline, does it apply the brakes automatically when you stop? Even some motorcycles have this now.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yes, but only if you use the brakes. This is from the owner's manual:

BRAKE HOLD

Brake hold automatically activates when using the brakes to bring the vehicle to a stop on an incline. The feature operates in Drive (D) and Reverse (R), holding the brakes on until the accelerator pedal is applied. As the accelerator pedal is applied, the system automatically releases the brakes for a smooth pull away.

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
It also rolls forward indefinitely, if there's a downward incline (i.e., not necessarily backward). I test drove the other day, and the I-Pace never came to a full stop without using the brake pedal, even with high regen and creep off.

The Bolt's true one-pedal driving is far superior. I can't imagine why Jaguar did it this way.
I have not noticed it rolling forward, only backward. Not saying it won't do it, just that I haven't experienced it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts