Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Do you think it is possible to upgrade the 7Kw charger to the 11Kw that the new 2021 ipace has?

Thanks as always.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Greetings,

Do you think it is possible to upgrade the 7Kw charger to the 11Kw that the new 2021 ipace has?

Thanks as always.
I can only repeat what I have read elsewhere. Like almost everything, it is theoretically "possible", but HIGHLY impractical.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes you go to the dealer with your car and swap the entire car for a new model.
This is really the only way,

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's unfortunate. They have have made these systems more modular.
I have been looking at DC fast charger for home, prices are down to 3k, for a 15 to 25kw DC fast charger .
Power is 32amp for 3 phase or 100amp for a single phase.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
628 Posts
I have been looking at DC fast charger for home, prices are down to 3k, for a 15 to 25kw DC fast charger .
Power is 32amp for 3 phase or 100amp for a single phase.
That's still a lot to pay to do something in 3hrs, that I can do overnight.
Do you have a specific need to fast charge at home? Just curious.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's still a lot to pay to do something in 3hrs, that I can do overnight.
Do you have a specific need to fast charge at home? Just curious.
Looking at prices, if it gets to 1k, I may consider

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
If you have a strong 200amp panel, you're still going to have to be careful with 100amps drawing from one device. That's a significant amount of power. I wouldn't bother without 3-phase power or some massive power on your house.

At our condo, it cost somebody 15k to get an L2 charger by their car port. Yikes!

·
Super Moderator
2,532 Posts
A buddy of mine who is in high-end construction has a client who is installing 6 tesla chargers on 100 amp circuits for their 15,000 sqft house. Go figure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A buddy of mine who is in high-end construction has a client who is installing 6 tesla chargers on 100 amp circuits for their 15,000 sqft house. Go figure.
Tesla HPWCs can do networking to obey total set limit, so number of ports is just a question of convenience here.
However, if there are lot of EVs totaling over 250KWh daily, the guy will get into starvation scenario.
If I remember it right from the Code, no circuit can pull more than 50% of service capacity. (assuming all chargers are sharing same branch)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts