Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, yeah, a cupholder question. My wife and I noticed that she can get the same size cup into her cupholder without much of a problem. Those little rubber thingies do provide a resistance, but at least they can be overcome on her side. My side, for whatever reason, seems to be much tougher and you really have to push the cup down very hard. That of course makes taking the cup in & out for a sip a PIA.

I looked at the size of the cup holder itself and it's difficult to see any difference in size. So I don't know if my rubber thingies stick out more than hers (be nice now) or if there actually is a difference in size. I don't see a way to adjust anything. So am I missing anything?

Just a quick note on range. When I turn on the power with no AC, it will show a range of about 258-260. As soon as I actually turn on the HVAC, the projected range drops immediately to about 240. I haven't yet done that adjustment that someone suggested (holding down the brake & something else?). It looks to me, the way I'm driving now that my actual range will be close to the EPA range of 234. I haven't tried driving in the Eco mode, but I suspect as the weather warms that mode might make it a bit 'sticky' inside the car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sorry, yeah, a cupholder question. My wife and I noticed that she can get the same size cup into her cupholder without much of a problem. Those little rubber thingies do provide a resistance, but at least they can be overcome on her side. My side, for whatever reason, seems to be much tougher and you really have to push the cup down very hard. That of course makes taking the cup in & out for a sip a PIA.

I looked at the size of the cup holder itself and it's difficult to see any difference in size. So I don't know if my rubber thingies stick out more than hers (be nice now) or if there actually is a difference in size. I don't see a way to adjust anything. So am I missing anything?

Just a quick note on range. When I turn on the power with no AC, it will show a range of about 258-260. As soon as I actually turn on the HVAC, the projected range drops immediately to about 240. I haven't yet done that adjustment that someone suggested (holding down the brake & something else?). It looks to me, the way I'm driving now that my actual range will be close to the EPA range of 234. I haven't tried driving in the Eco mode, but I suspect as the weather warms that mode might make it a bit 'sticky' inside the car.
Using the climate control has a big impact on range and it's normal to see the GoM drop when you turn it on. The other issue is the GoM is optimistic. My actual range is between 10%-15% less than the car predicts and it's important to take this into account when planning a long trip.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Using the climate control has a big impact on range and it's normal to see the GoM drop when you turn it on. The other issue is the GoM is optimistic. My actual range is between 10%-15% less than the car predicts and it's important to take this into account when planning a long trip.
Thanks Curt. Yes, I'm rapidly coming to the same conclusion. Still, if I get the original EPA estimate, I'll be happy. Anything more is just gravy. So are you averaging something like 220?

Have you noticed the cupholder issue or is mine just sized weirdly?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks Curt. Yes, I'm rapidly coming to the same conclusion. Still, if I get the original EPA estimate, I'll be happy. Anything more is just gravy. So are you averaging something like 220?

Have you noticed the cupholder issue or is mine just sized weirdly?
My last charge saw 228 miles and should increase as the weather continues to warm. I haven't paid much attention to the cupholders but they are different from each other. You're raising lots of good questions and now I have an excuse to sit in the car and experiment. 😉

·
Registered
448 Posts
The two holder locations are different sizes by design. Left side is smaller than the right side. It is a nuisance.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wonder what they expect the driver to be drinking that is different than the passenger... I prefer the passenger one anyway since it is easier to reach when driving (less elbow bending into the setback to awkwardly pull out the cup). Still a strange design choice. I assume there is some popular Euro cup size that we don't have here in NA.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It is common enough in cars, and not limited to Jaguar, that Weathertech car coasters come in a package of 4 with 2 of each size.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is common enough in cars, and not limited to Jaguar, that Weathertech car coasters come in a package of 4 with 2 of each size.
I ordered the item listed above in my last post. The coasters would have to press in the rubber bumpers to be effective. It's those rubber bumpers that are preventing a decent size cup to go in & out easily. That together with the smaller size of the driver's side holder, makes it very tough. I think the item I ordered should solve the issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Each country or region has a favorite liquid refreshment to have ready while driving. Some of these drinks may seem strange in other regions.

In my State many travelers will buy a "Farmers Union Iced Coffee" to keep them alert and fend off hunger on long journeys. This drink now comes in various containers but the original 600mL square carton is the favorite.;)

The Product:

The Car adapters::D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was just pursuing the owners manual when I found that the cup holder is removable!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was just pursuing the owners manual when I found that the cup holder is removable!
That is for when you are really thirsty ;)

Cheers, Steve

Cup holder removed.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still need a workable cup holder on my side. The unit I ordered above is coming Saturday, so hopefully that will solve the problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
looks like there’s just enough room for a bottle of vodka!
That is for when you are really thirsty ;)

Cheers, Steve

View attachment 3855
Looks like there’s just enough room for a bottle of vodka! Don’t speed (too much) getting home to have a screwdriver.

·
Super Moderator
1,714 Posts
Looks like there’s just enough room for a bottle of vodka! Don’t speed (too much) getting home to have a screwdriver.
The space is indeed cavernous. Even with a cup holder, there's ample room for a full-size bottle of windex, which is way less exciting than that hypothetical ;) bottle of vodka.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts