Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
A guy can dream that maybe someday JLR will step up, right? But I suppose we should get them to fix the electronics/software first...
Thanks for the pics. It would be nice to get the fast charge option. I think we are currently topping out near 87kW. The pictures of the Audi show 147kW at 63% state of charge with the normal diminishing rate as SOC increases, but even the rate above 80% is great. When you do need to use a faster charger (assuming you can find one), it would be great to get a solid charge in about 20 minutes.

I haven't seen anything posted yet that improves the charge rate, even after getting the latest battery management system update.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A guy can dream that maybe someday JLR will step up, right? But I suppose we should get them to fix the electronics/software first...
Thanks for the pics. It would be nice to get the fast charge option. I think we are currently topping out near 87kW. The pictures of the Audi show 147kW at 63% state of charge with the normal diminishing rate as SOC increases, but even the rate above 80% is great. When you do need to use a faster charger (assuming you can find one), it would be great to get a solid charge in about 20 minutes.

I haven't seen anything posted yet that improves the charge rate, even after getting the latest battery management system update.
70kw at 94% and 57kw at 97% is pretty awesome...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What I found for longer trips is I drove from CCS to CCS, and it took 30-45 minutes per stop regardless of SOC. Any of my gas or diesel cars are under 10 minutes.

However, for normal driving, (14k a year), the EV takes less time per month than the ICE cars.

Long trips will always favor the ICE for the foreseeable future. Why? 144,000 fueling locations in the continental US alone. The ability to carry a gas can. The 700+ mile range of certain ICE vehicles, and 250-400 mile range at 90 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts