Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
Car infotainment and TCU updates come via car's built-in SIM or WIFI (if connected). The car's data seen via the Jaguar Incontrol app goes through this SIM too. The remote features of locking/unlocking, journeys, etc., (the Jaguar smartphone app features) require a subscription through incontrol.jaguar.com. Since this is working on your phone, you can check the expiration date in the app ("More" then "subscriptions"). The original account for the car was set up for 5 years from when the dealer set it up. You'll get an email reminder about 1 month before it expires with instructions for renewal.

Connected navigation, WIFI hotspot, and Incontrol apps (features of Incontrol Pro Services) require a user supplied SIM that is inserted into the slot in the center console (under the arm rest). It can be any provider you choose. A new car in the US comes with an AT&T SIM. Individual apps (eg. Spotify) that can be brought up in the Incontrol apps may require their own subscriptions to get the full benefit. It requires some configurations settings to be set correctly to work.

Map updates are via jaguar.here.com. You'll need an account there to be able to download map updates to a flash drive (USB 3.x highly recommended) that is then inserted into a slot in the center console (under the arm rest) after navigation software has booted up. It will detected the updated map info on the drive and give prompts to follow to update the car's map info. This must start with the car stationary, preferably in park. It raises the question about whether this got transferred to you too (at least the remainder of the initial 5 years). If not, then you may have to set up a whole new account for the car and buy a subscription. Hopefully, the car is not still registered at here.com to the former owner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Car infotainment and TCU updates come via car's built-in SIM or WIFI (if connected). The car's data seen via the Jaguar Incontrol app goes through this SIM too. The remote features of locking/unlocking, journeys, etc., (the Jaguar smartphone app features) require a subscription through incontrol.jaguar.com. Since this is working on your phone, you can check the expiration date in the app ("More" then "subscriptions"). The original account for the car was set up for 5 years from when the dealer set it up. You'll get an email reminder about 1 month before it expires with instructions for renewal.

Connected navigation, WIFI hotspot, and Incontrol apps (features of Incontrol Pro Services) require a user supplied SIM that is inserted into the slot in the center console (under the arm rest). It can be any provider you choose. A new car in the US comes with an AT&T SIM. Individual apps (eg. Spotify) that can be brought up in the Incontrol apps may require their own subscriptions to get the full benefit. It requires some configurations settings to be set correctly to work.

Map updates are via jaguar.here.com. You'll need an account there to be able to download map updates to a flash drive (USB 3.x highly recommended) that is then inserted into a slot in the center console (under the arm rest) after navigation software has booted up. It will detected the updated map info on the drive and give prompts to follow to update the car's map info. This must start with the car stationary, preferably in park. It raises the question about whether this got transferred to you too (at least the remainder of the initial 5 years). If not, then you may have to set up a whole new account for the car and buy a subscription. Hopefully, the car is not still registered at here.com to the former owner.
Didnt have any issues setting up incontrol or my jag.here account fortunately. Looks like the dealer wiped the original owner from the car which was convenient. The app is showing February 5th 2024 as the expiration date so good to go there for the time being.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Also I would like to thank everyone for being so helpful! The support Ive gotten here definitely made my decision to buy the car much easier.
Welcome!

It’s definitely nice to see the car turns heads! I was at Costco filling up my tires the other day when a lady pulled up next to me to fill up her tires but spent most of the time talking to me about the car!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I also settled on a name. The Razor Crest. One of our friends even said it was like a spaceship when they got in!
We named ours the Water Cress. It's not quite as many but far more delicious.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts