Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a beautiful corris grey i-pace a few weeks ago with all the specs I wanted so I decided to go for it. Finalized the paperwork this week and just got word that the car will be loaded for transport on Monday! Hoping it gets here in a week or two.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She's officially here! Can't wait to go through all the settings and features in the morning.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did some errands yesterday and she's already turning heads! Ive never had a car with so much tech and features and its fantastically different experience from anything else I've ever driven. I got my incontrol account setup and linked to the car and wattcat working but they both keep saying the cars location is still in California. Hopefully itll update in the next few days. Is there a way to have the AC running while using a level 1 charger? I wanted to sit in the car and mess with settings while it was charging but had to abandon that idea as it was too hot without the AC. And on the same note, I cant seem to figure out the rear climate controls. I have the 4 zone controls and I couldnt feel any air coming out of the rear vents no matter what settings I used.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Level 1 won't keep up with the demands of the A/C, but no worries because the car can cool the cabin without being plugged in at all. Just use WattCat or the JLR remote app and set the cabin to precondition. It will run for 30 minutes. On the third party iPhone app, MyPace, there is feature titled Camper/Pet Mode where it will run the HVAC indefinitely (until the battery runs down). This is a lifesaver in the summer here in Fla. You only need to give the car a few minutes and it makes a huge difference on a hot day. For MyPace, there is a handy AppleWatch app that activates the cabin preconditioning with one click.

If you are low on charge and only have access to a Level 1 charger, go ahead and find a free level 2 charger in a free garage and get the kitty charged up. Level 1 is painfully slow.

For the rear climate, were you sitting back there, or trying to turn it one from the front seat? The car senses where people are sitting and deactivates zones where there are no bodies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Level 1 won't keep up with the demands of the A/C, but no worries because the car can cool the cabin without being plugged in at all. Just use WattCat or the JLR remote app and set the cabin to precondition. It will run for 30 minutes. On the third party iPhone app, MyPace, there is feature titled Camper/Pet Mode where it will run the HVAC indefinitely (until the battery runs down). This is a lifesaver in the summer here in Fla. You only need to give the car a few minutes and it makes a huge difference on a hot day. For MyPace, there is a handy AppleWatch app that activates the cabin preconditioning with one click.

If you are low on charge and only have access to a Level 1 charger, go ahead and find a free level 2 charger in a free garage and get the kitty charged up. Level 1 is painfully slow.

For the rear climate, were you sitting back there, or trying to turn it one from the front seat? The car senses where people are sitting and deactivates zones where there are no bodies.
I was sitting in the back with my wife in the front. We found out that the smart climate thought no one was back there because I hadnt buckled my seatbelt. Once the belt was buckled it turned on. Left her plugged in for most of the evening and last night and got about 30 miles of range which isnt too shabby. Sitting at 85% now which is plenty for my work week and errands. I also have a couple of level 2 chargers in the parking lot next to my office if I need some extra juice. Not sure if they're free or not but I dont think I'll need them very often anyways. wattcat and incontrol are now showing the correct address and allowing the remote controls so I'll have to test that out later. Its going to be so nice getting into a cool car after work!

I also settled on a name. The Razor Crest. One of our friends even said it was like a spaceship when they got in!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
For testing purposes, fasten rear seat belts, or disable 4 zone by having it sync temp to all positions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
For testing purposes, fasten rear seat belts, or disable 4 zone by having it sync temp to all positions.
Not a big deal, but ...

My wife keeps the passenger side a few degrees warmer than my driver's position (i.e., sync is disabled), but Smart Climate still works (I get the lightbulb icon on the passenger rotary dial when she isn't in the car). Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
Front passenger seat also has a pressure sensor to detect a person/object there. Rear seat positions do not and rely on the seat belt being buckled for occupancy notification.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just tested the remote climate feature and it's wonderful! I don't have great cell service at my home though so it took a bit to activate. Speaking of cell service. Since the car receives cell service is there a cell plan I need to pay for to keep access to certain features and updates?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts