Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning was very strange for So. California in August....it was totally gray and 58F. Super strange, since this weekend is forecasted to be 106-110F!

Kitty II was parked in the garage (garage temp about 75F). Started my car (A/C on set to AUTO 71). Fans kicked on right away :( Crazy with only about 75F, but anyway....I turned the A/C compressor off and just left the climate fan running. Fans stopped right away and "range" increased by almost 20 miles.

I drove almost 7 miles and the range and SOC did not go down by 1 mile or 1%. Y'all are right....A/C has a huge impact on range (and for the fans).

I could not believe that the A/C made such a huge impact on the battery and made the insanely loud fans turn off!

I look forward to December, when our weather cools (sadly Sept, Oct and even Nov are really warm, if not HOT)...I can have some fan free driving!

Happy Monday I-Pace family :)

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
173 Posts
From my casual observations, I have only heard the fan run when the A/C is on. I live in Northern CA.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I park in the basement of a parking garage at work. The space is well below ground level and stays cool. Charlotte is also notorious for being mid to upper 90s with 99% humidity. When I am heading home for work each day, I turn on the seat coolers, turn off the AC, turn on the recirculating air and head for home. This usually gets me most of the way home on a 20 mile trip without becoming uncomfortable and keeping my car at over 270 miles per charge, actual miles I can drive consistently. AC, she do take a bite of the energy for sure.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't be jealous of our local forecast :-O Regardless of what state or country you are in....ya'll will hear my fans running Fri-Sun, LOL!!!!

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh my, Deutsch, those are not the kinds of temps you see in Deutschland very often!
Nein, so heiß nicht in Deutschland :)

30-35C (90-95F) is the hottest I have ever experienced in Deutschland, and you would have thought the world was ending, LOL!!

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ugh, the Valley... :p
LOL. Heyyyyyy!!! I'll take our SFV any day over West Side gridlock ;)

We used to live in Westwood and off Sunset Blvd and I graduated from UCLA. NEVER again over the hill; Too much congestion for me, but yeah....you are usually 10-15 degrees cooler in the summer.

·
Registered
711 Posts
LOL. Heyyyyyy!!! I'll take our SFV any day over West Side gridlock ;)

We used to live in Westwood and off Sunset Blvd and I graduated from UCLA. NEVER again over the hill; Too much congestion for me, but yeah....you are usually 10-15 degrees cooler in the summer.
No westside for us. Congestion; people are a little ruder. I'm ghetto LBC.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No westside for us. Congestion; people are a little ruder. I'm ghetto LBC.
LBC...Long Beach? If Long Beach...so weird with your temps down there. News will show beach temps at like 68F, 71F, 65F and then Long Beach 101F. LOL. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why LB is so dang hot!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
LBC...Long Beach? If Long Beach...so weird with your temps down there. News will show beach temps at like 68F, 71F, 65F and then Long Beach 101F. LOL. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why LB is so dang hot!!!
LBC is big so not all parts of town is near the water. The beaches are also south facing rather than west facing so maybe that has something to do with it (doesn't get much coastal breeze).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts