Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Not super informative but he's always somewhat entertaining. It's another example of how SoC in % and kWh is iffy at both the top and the bottom.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hrm... thinking of driving from norcal to socal. I don't think it's gonna be worth the trouble. Rentals are stupid expensive. Gonna take the awful Subaru.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well I think in any EV keeping 5-10% buffer at bottom is wise anyway. it’s similar to fuel reserve in gas cars.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hrm... thinking of driving from norcal to socal. I don't think it's gonna be worth the trouble. Rentals are stupid expensive. Gonna take the awful Subaru.
I'll be driving from socal to norcal in a few weeks.
I don't think I want to subject my guest to the charging experience of waiting 45min to charge so I'll probably rent

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's really not bad to do Norcal to Socal and/or back. It's soooo much nicer to drive the I-Pace on I5 than the old gas guzzler and the stops are really restful.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah looks like it was H264 not H280
Depends on when H264 was installed. H280 is only required if H264 was installed prior to 29 January.

I don't think they had charged the car to 100% with a level 2 charger to get the benefit of cell balancing prior to the level 3 charging. Read the overlaying text while he gives the summary at the end.

I don't always get up to 86.x kWh when at 100% on level 2. I think there are other factors involved (e.g. the 22C or 25C temperature of the battery) to get to that range.

·
Registered
958 Posts
It's really not bad to do Norcal to Socal and/or back. It's soooo much nicer to drive the I-Pace on I5 than the old gas guzzler and the stops are really restful.
Where I have to go, it's going to be two charges at faster charges or 1 charge at a 50kw charger, which is like 1.5 hours to 80%, I believe. And that's if I drive slow as ****. If I go 80+, I'll definitely have to charge twice. Am I wrong?

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, two charging stops but you can do 80 at times. EAs in Firebaugh and Bakersfield ... LA?

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Less at the first stop, an hour on the second ... but I was just coming from to Santa Monica which is 350 miles from PA ... if you're going further you might as well figure an hour each

·
Registered
94 Posts
Depends on when H264 was installed. H280 is only required if H264 was installed prior to 29 January.

I don't think they had charged the car to 100% with a level 2 charger to get the benefit of cell balancing prior to the level 3 charging. Read the overlaying text while he gives the summary at the end.

I don't always get up to 86.x kWh when at 100% on level 2. I think there are other factors involved (e.g. the 22C or 25C temperature of the battery) to get to that range.
I always get 86.x with level 2 and sometimes 87.x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts