Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,098 Posts
Did you buy it used? If so previous owner may replaced the left one with one from a car of the same color. I say the left since I notice the front grill surround trim is black. This suggests a black trim option that would have had black caps on the side mirrors.

Or some other variation based on car history.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you buy it used? If so previous owner may replaced the left one with one from a car of the same color. I say the left since I notice the front grill surround trim is black. This suggests a black trim option that would have had black caps on the side mirrors.

Or some other variation based on car history.
Yes, I bought it used beginning of June. No history of work done according to the Jag database......

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,098 Posts
There was a black trim package and a carbon fiber package. The latter one included black mirror caps. Black mirror caps could be added separately too. We don't know what this car is equipped with.

We have no idea what a former owner did and the history of the car. Previous owner may have changed to black covers, had a car accident, the driver door got replaced and body shop painted mirror cover to body color. Or the passenger side cover got replaced for some reason but the cover wasn't painted to match.

The end result is the same. The current owner has a choice to leave it as is, get the one on the right painted to match, or change the one the left to black and be unique.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Shouldn’t be too much to vinyl wrap it black. You could also wrap the right one silver, but it’s harder to match silver paint with vinyl.

The custom place I took mine too wanted to black out the mirror caps. I told them no. But now I regret it!

·
Registered
333 Posts
The end result is the same. The current owner has a choice to leave it as is, get the one on the right painted to match, or change the one the left to black and be unique.
Leave it the way it is. Tell people it is the special David Bowie edition. One of one.

Forehead Nose Cheek Smile Eyelash

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Am I the only person that went out to the garage to make sure their mirrors matched?
ROFLMAO. I’m leaning towards telling folks, if anyone at all ever notices, that it’s like the red and green lights on planes - it allows one to know which direction the car is going.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts