Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took mine for its first real trip yesterday. Distance was 115m each way, mostly highway. Way there, used 76%, way home, used 81%. Avg speed around 55mph. Conditions were 40f, heavy rain, headlights, wipers etc. Is the cold + highway range really this bad? I think full charge to empty I maybe could have pulled 140 miles.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Took mine for its first real trip yesterday. Distance was 115m each way, mostly highway. Way there, used 76%, way home, used 81%. Avg speed around 55mph. Conditions were 40f, heavy rain, headlights, wipers etc. Is the cold + highway range really this bad? I think full charge to empty I maybe could have pulled 140 miles.
I was usually closer to 50kWh/100miles in the 40's, but considering you had heavy rain with those temps, it isn't too surprising. You can improve your range by using ECO or Low Power modes, and drafting a semi. Use the Eco Data screen to see what impact HVAC, heated seats & heated wheel are having and adjust their use accordingly

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
At 55mph it does seem like low range.

I would start keeping records of %age used and miles driven. Also, next time you charge, record how many kWh go in for a given %age SoC increase.

If you have an android phone, install WattCat to seek what the reported SoC is in kWh.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
462 Posts
What was your cruising highway speed? I just completed a trip south from Montreal - essentially all highway once out of the city. The phone app quotes "Avg speed 48mph"; "Distance 179.3miles"; "Energy Consumption 36.60 kWh/100ml". I had 42 miles left on the GoM when I pulled into charge. This was in 49-45degree drizzle. The avg speed can be deceptive - I had the cruise set at 65 for the whole trip once on the highway

·
Registered
108 Posts
Average speed doesn't really say much. I routinely will end 200 mile trips with 55 avg speed where I spent a good amount of time closer to 90. Did you go above 70 for any length of time? That would likely result in significant battery drain, even if the average speed was lower.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same experience recently in very heavy rain. 55+/100 coming out of NYC a few weeks ago. It was only kind of chilly, maybe 55 degrees. I think the rain must have some kind of substantial aerodynamic effect.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
I had the same experience recently in very heavy rain. 55+/100 coming out of NYC a few weeks ago. It was only kind of chilly, maybe 55 degrees. I think the rain must have some kind of substantial aerodynamic effect.
a strong side wind has a bigger negative impact than a headwind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts