Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone sat in their I-Pace and listened to the varied array of noises that occur over the 2-3 minutes after turning off the car.
Sitting in a quiet car with no traffic/city noise around I was amazed just how much whirling and churning kitty makes as she goes to sleep (no, I am not referring to fan noise).
No idea what any of it is, and not concerned, just impressed with how much is still going on after shutting kitty down.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Has anyone sat in their I-Pace and listened to the varied array of noises that occur over the 2-3 minutes after turning off the car.
I confirm that you can hear some subtile noice. There is definitively some circulating fluid noise coming from the front of the car (AC?) . Maybe some other noises coming from the back. When I boot the car I can hear a motor filling the pressurized air tank for air suspension. Maybe the tank is depressurizing when we turn the car off ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just did this yesterday (by accident of course)! My 16-year old was driving (don’t tell his mom he was driving her car) and stopped at a convenience store and took the key fob with him. The first one I noticed seemed to come from the center console. In fact I know it did because I leaned on the top a little and the pitch changed. Then it stopped. Then there were other, random clicks and whirls like you’d here right before an Autobot transforms.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have opened the frunk, an hour after the car was shutdown, and realized I could hear water running up near the dash. The car was completely quiet inside the cab and standing outside the car. As a side note we were sitting in my wife's BMW X45e for about 25 minutes the other night, waiting on a takeout meal. About 20 minutes, after I turned the car completely off, we heard two loud relays/and/or valves pop.What Was That!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts