Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Remote (InControl) app on my iPhone and my iPad do NOT have the options for Service Mode or Transport Mode. Without those the one time my car went into the dealership for updates the car reported it was stolen and it took days after I got the car back before that finally cleared. The dealer said it was my fault for not setting service mode in the app, but there is NO option in my app to do so. I have deleted the app and reinstalled to no avail, I still do not have Service, not Transport modes available. As can be seen in the attached image those options are not available in my Remote app.

The second attached image is from a thread on Facebook that the user shows he has the two options I am missing. It can be seen that his app version and my version are the same.

Any clues as to why I do not have those options?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
My Remote (InControl) app on my iPhone and my iPad do NOT have the options for Service Mode or Transport Mode. Without those the one time my car went into the dealership for updates the car reported it was stolen and it took days after I got the car back before that finally cleared. The dealer said it was my fault for not setting service mode in the app, but there is NO option in my app to do so. I have deleted the app and reinstalled to no avail, I still do not have Service, not Transport modes available. As can be seen in the attached image those options are not available in my Remote app.

The second attached image is from a thread on Facebook that the user shows he has the two options I am missing. It can be seen that his app version and my version are the same.

Any clues as to why I do not have those options?
I can no longer log into my I-Pace remote app, but my Land Rover Remote app does not have either of those modes and looking at old screen shots of my I-Pace remote, I didn’t have them either.

It does appear the screen shot of the one that does have those modes is from Australia, so it may be a regional feature.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can no longer log into my I-Pace remote app, but my Land Rover Remote app does not have either of those modes and looking at old screen shots of my I-Pace remote, I didn’t have them either.

It does appear the screen shot of the one that does have those modes is from Australia, so it may be a regional feature.
I wondered if the Service Mode was a regional thing. But my dealership in Bellevue, WA, USA indicated the reason my car reported stolen when it was in for updates was because I had not set Service Mode prior to leaving the car with the dealer. Well that is grand, but how the heck do I set Service Mode if it is not available in the app? And apparently, without that option, if the car is taken out of normal operational mode to install the updates then the Jaguar app starts reporting it as stolen. Nothing I did after the last service cleared that error, it was only after the car had been returned to me and I drove it over the course of several days that the Stolen message finally cleared. That is NOT a great user experience. And the fact that I have not seen a deluge of messages on any of the forums or Facebook groups from owners in the USA makes me think there is something weird here that I do not have the option to set Service Mode, either that, or people are just ignoring the stolen car status after updates and have not posted any concerns about it.

My car needs to be scheduled for the most recent H264 update and I have no doubt if I cannot inform the app and Jaguar InControl that the car is in for service I'll get the stolen alert again :(.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts

I wondered if the Service Mode was a regional thing. But my dealership in Bellevue, WA, USA indicated the reason my car reported stolen when it was in for updates was because I had not set Service Mode prior to leaving the car with the dealer. Well that is grand, but how the heck do I set Service Mode if it is not available in the app? And apparently, without that option, if the car is taken out of normal operational mode to install the updates then the Jaguar app starts reporting it as stolen. Nothing I did after the last service cleared that error, it was only after the car had been returned to me and I drove it over the course of several days that the Stolen message finally cleared. That is NOT a great user experience. And the fact that I have not seen a deluge of messages on any of the forums or Facebook groups from owners in the USA makes me think there is something weird here that I do not have the option to set Service Mode, either that, or people are just ignoring the stolen car status after updates and have not posted any concerns about it.

My car needs to be scheduled for the most recent H264 update and I have no doubt if I cannot inform the app and Jaguar InControl that the car is in for service I'll get the stolen alert again [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img].
My car reported as ‘stolen’ several times while at the dealer. The first time it happened I called and they said the dealer will reset it. I never had any extended issues as a result...I would blame your problem on dealer error...

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
My car reported as ‘stolen’ several times while at the dealer. The first time it happened I called and they said the dealer will reset it. I never had any extended issues as a result...I would blame your problem on dealer error...
Agreed. Probably dealer error.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I'll have to show the dealer that there is no Service Mode option in the app and force them to clear the fault before returning the car to me.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dealer error. The app available for North America does not have those options. WattCat does.

It can also be triggered by a few actions that the dealer may have done when it was in for service.

I had it happen to me when they were trying to fix the door locking issues I had when they updated it with H264. It lasted for 1 day and then went away on its own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts