Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my I-Pace today and was really disappointed when the dealer told me that there is no way to put a SIM and use the app to check/control anything in the car. I thought this was a standard feature. He told me he doesn't know why and that the SIM slot assembly doesn't even have a SIM holder/connector...

However, I checked the SIM slot, and it does look wired, I inserted a SIM (with valid data) hoping something would happen, but nothing did.

Does anyone know what's happening?

Ideas? Is this some missing feature I can turn on somehow? Is there a way to tell if the feature exists or not?

Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
207 Posts
I just got my I-Pace today and was really disappointed when the dealer told me that there is no way to put a SIM and use the app to check/control anything in the car. I thought this was a standard feature. He told me he doesn't know why and that the SIM slot assembly doesn't even have a SIM holder/connector...

However, I checked the SIM slot, and it does look wired, I inserted a SIM (with valid data) hoping something would happen, but nothing did.

Does anyone know what's happening?

Ideas? Is this some missing feature I can turn on somehow? Is there a way to tell if the feature exists or not?

Please help. Thanks.
Are you using an AT&T registered SIM card. I believe that the telematics module and the SIM card needs to be registered with your wireless provider before you see anything positive.
For me the live traffic screen was the first indication that the SIM was working.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The information your dealer gave you is incorrect, as QTown said you need a data ATT SIM (and some people have gotten other SIMs to work) and you have additional data connection. Some things are handled through the car SIM (including access to the car info, I believe that does not require a data SIM).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is in Israel, there is no ATT here, however, the SIM is properly registered as a data sim with the local carrier (I took the SIM out of a working IoT device)
I found the attached partial image in the Jaguar website, I don't recognize this screen and find a way to get to it, could anyone enlighten me? Maybe that's where the problem lies.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If you select setting gear in the main display (bottom row), then select all settings, there is a connectivity setting. Under there are how you join a WiFi, hotspot, and to enable the Mobile data. You can also in editing your home screen add a Mobile Data widget the shows you if its enabled and to turn it on and off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you select setting gear in the main display (bottom row), then select all settings, there is a connectivity setting. Under there are how you join a WiFi, hotspot, and to enable the Mobile data. You can also in editing your home screen add a Mobile Data widget the shows you if its enabled and to turn it on and off.
Thanks for the reply. There is nothing about Mobile Data in the Connectivity Settings page (see images) and there is also NO widget for Mobile Data ... :crying:

Any ideas how I can get them?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may be in a country where there's no deal between JLR and the telecom provider ...
That would be totally insane (I think) Why would JLR have to have a deal with the local provider? Isn't the whole point of the standardized international SIM protocol to avoid just that? In today's world, you can take any product that uses a sim to any country, get a local sim and it should work. I've done this with countless phones and IoT products. Why would this be different?

My thoughts are that maybe the dealer here wanted to save as much money as possible by removing as many features as possible and thought this was one people can live without... what a pain...

I wonder if there's a way to side-load a version of the InControl Touch from another country ... ideas anyone?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know if there's a way to contact Jaguar International Support or someone who could potentially fix this issue? I would love to be able to check on the car from the app, especially SOC seems to be very useful...

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
207 Posts
You may be in a country where there's no deal between JLR and the telecom provider ...
That would be totally insane (I think) Why would JLR have to have a deal with the local provider? ......
It looks like you have a different version of the software since you do not have the "mobile data" button on the connectivity screen. Usually we have seen greyed-out buttons if the function is not active. Strange!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts